Hernia's | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-19-2007, 07:55 AM
Hernia's

Hi sister's~
It's been few years since I have been on this site, I have forgotten how great it is.

I had a TAH in 2004. In 2005 I had swelling in my abdominal area, tenderness, pain, and nausesness.
A CT scan showed small scar tissue trouble.

It's now 2 years after that. I have some trouble on and off.
However 1 week ago I became severaly swollen, very painful, low back pain, lump in belly, and vomiting.
After 2 trips to ER, I know I have Hernia.

Has anyone else developed this? Should I go to general surgeon, or my GYN doc? I know im heading for more surgery, this can be dangerous, just not sure who will remove it..

Thank You
RuthAnn :-(
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Hernia's

Hi Ruth Ann,
Mercy! You have some bad symptoms. I had my surgery also in 04. I always had bad left side pain. Was treated with nitrate quite a few times and the pain subsided. However, about 16 months later I looked in the mirror a saw this buldge to the left side of my incision. I assume it's a hernia. (lifting my beautiful grandson!) It burns and feels like a kink sometimes. I have an appointment in a few weeks. I understand you can wait until you have sever symtoms; like yours!! It's rather risky like you say to wait too long at your stage. I believe a general surgeon does this, but your insurance may require you to get a referral from your primary care physican, not the ob/gyn. Best of luck to you.
Maralyn
Unread 05-23-2007, 05:36 PM
Hernia's

Thank You Maralyn
I will check into getting that referral.
Good luck to you also..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2007, 08:58 PM
Hernia's

Wow it's almost like a replay of my life - I had a double hernia which was repaired a year and a month after the hysterectomy. I first had it diagnosed by my gynacologish who sent me to a general surgeon. You may want advice of Dr;s in your area from your doctor, but you;ll ultimately need to see a surgeon
Unread 06-09-2007, 03:47 PM
Hernia's

I also have pain to the left side of my belly button. When I wake in the morning it is never painful, but by the end of a busy day it stings, and I feel like it needs pressure on it to keep things right. I suffer from constipation, and know this gets worse when I haven;t had BO.
2 Oncologist say I don't have a hernia. 2 different GPs say no hernia, and nothing abnormal, and scans have not picked up abnormality BUT the pain is still there. It is worse on straining-like abdo exercises.
One dr suggested it might be adhesions, but I am convinced it's a hernia. Any thoughts?
Unread 06-09-2007, 07:45 PM
Hernia's

adhesions can be cause of your trouble, or ive read that endo can come back after surgery.
I would go back to your gyno doc. I had scar tissue at first, now they say it's a hernia. But I think CAt scan didn't pick it up 2 years before, because it was small. Good luck and I hope you get your answers soon. Feel better..

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register