8 months post-op; no energy and blurred vision - what is this??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

8 months post-op; no energy and blurred vision - what is this??? 8 months post-op; no energy and blurred vision - what is this???

Unread 09-10-2012, 02:06 PM
8 months post-op; no energy and blurred vision - what is this???

Hi all,

I'm 8 months post-op - figured I'd be back to my normal self by now but it seems to be taking a lot longer than I thought!

I've got pain in my left side - doc says it's probably adhesions and doesn't seem too concerned but hell, it hurts! And just lately I've been having slightly blurred vision and just major tiredness and little energy. Could this be hormonal? I still have my ovaries, but could they be functioning less efficiently?

Oh yeah, still got the swollen belly too - but what with everything else that's the least of my worries!

Anyone experienced similar symptoms? Got any advice? I'd be eternally grateful!

Thanks!x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Re: 8 months post-op; no energy and blurred vision - what is this???

Eight months after surgery, I'd think that the symptoms would be due to something else entirely! There are certainly a lot of things that can cause that. I can't even imagine how adhesions could cause blurred vision!

The appendix is on the right side, so that's probably not it.

I think this warrants talking to the doc again. Push back about this. Is he or she sure it's adhesions? Are you running a low fever?

Is the doc you're talking about your GP, or your surgeon for the hyst? I'd ask the GP about this.

I hope you get answers and feel better soon!

I should add that I'm not medically trained. I'm just a know-it-all.
Unread 09-10-2012, 10:31 PM

Thanks CPJ.

I have made an appointment to get my eyes checked - I read somewhere that hormone levels can affect vision, so I was thinking it might be related to the hysterectomy as I'd never had problems with my eyes before.
I don't have a fever no, just pain and tiredness. You're right, I think I need another visit to the doctor.

Thanks again!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-11-2012, 06:08 AM

When my estradiol gets low, my vision, esp in one eye, does get a little blurry. But, it's good you're making an appt to get everything checked out. Hugs!!
Unread 09-11-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anle View Post
When my estradiol gets low, my vision, esp in one eye, does get a little blurry. But, it's good you're making an appt to get everything checked out. Hugs!!
Same here.

After my ovaries were removed my vision changed a good bit and I still have minor issues when my estradiol is tweaked.

My optometrist said that hormone shifts cause changes to the curvature of the cornea. Sometimes they resolve on their own but sometimes it's a symptom of a bigger problem.
Unread 09-11-2012, 07:37 AM

Thanks ladies!

I'm not on HRT as I still have my ovaries, but I believe they don't function as well as before when the rest of the uterus is removed. Could be completely unrelated but I'll get it checked out just to be safe!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register