Scared to death!!! - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Scared to death!!! Scared to death!!!

Unread 02-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Scared to death!!!

I had a LAVH on 2-6-06. It had been scheduled since the end of December. I agree that the waiting is by far the worst part of the entire experience. I am in the healthcare field and had visions of what was going to happen to me down to every instrument that would be used - dream after dream of complications. This was my first surgery as well. When I sat down and really thought about it though.... did I want my life to continue as it was right now?? NO! Did I trust who I had chosen to do my surgery? YES! I had to choose to let go and trust that the people I had chosen to do my surgery would take good care of me. The pain has not been bad - I took a vicodin the day I went home and have only taken tylenol since. The hardest part for me is that I am SOOOO tired. I have to look at this as time that I needed to rest in my life before the next phase!!
Best of luck to all who are still scheduled in the future. There are many who came before you and have done well and are thinking good thoughts for all of you......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Scared to death!!!

I know a lady that is about twice my age (I'm 23) and she had a hyst because of endo and almost died due to such a bad infection afterwards! I've heard of many stories just like hers. I think that may be why I'm so nervous! To those of you who already have had the surgery maybe you can help me on this one....... I am having a vaginal hysterectomy and they are leaving my ovaries (my choice), so here's where my question comes in. I am an in home party consultant for a company called Pure Romance, and the customers actually get to take home a good portion of any products that they purchase the night of the show, so therefore i have to keep a bunch of stock, PLUS all of my demo items, most of which are in duffle bags or suit cases or something of that nature...I already know that I shouldn't actually work for about 4 - 6 weeks after the surgery but I already have shows scheduled for the weekend after my surgery...in your opinion do you think I should give these parties to other consultants or do you think it would be okay for me to do these parties as long as I have everyone else carry my bags etc for me and load them and unload them from my truck? Not quite sure what to do about this..please help. (also remember that my demo takes about an hour and then i sit for the next hour taking individual orders)
Unread 02-10-2006, 05:20 PM
I understand

I was in your shoes not long ago, in fact, Navember 30, 2005 was my date. I was so scared I would not make it. I was frightened by the blood typing, just in case of a need for a blood transfusion, etc. I was worried I would die and leave my family motherless for Christmas. Boy do I understand. Every one said, "It will be fine". I thought what do they know. Today, I look back and realize my emotions were normal. There is no guarantee. Things can go wrong. I just prayed and have a doctor I trust. I am living proof that it will work out okay. To ease your fear, I can't. I can only say that I truly understand. I will keeep you in my prayers. Recovery is tough, but basically for me, I found it not much more difficult than my C Section with my fourth child. Recovery is tough. A true emotional rollercoaster. I thought it would be easy, but I struggle. I get sad at times and physically am still limited in what I can do after 10 weeks post surgery. I hear the long range benefits will be great. I keep plugging along. I want you to know I understand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Scared to Death

Brandi,
I make my visit to the castle on the 15th of Febuary.With a TVH also,,,and I too am a Consultant for Pure Romance (We put the O back in ROMANCE) I've decided to take time off and focus more on cataloge shows for that 4 to 6 weeks. I truely do not believe I could cart all that in and out. Even with the help from others. I am new to Pure Romance, I was with Petra before it was bought out. I suggest maybe talking with your hostess and see if it could turn into a cataloge show maybe all the girls browsing thru the books and making orders out for you. Supply envelopes to put those shy customers orders in. Or you could call in a sister consultant from your area. GOOD LUCK
Unread 02-11-2006, 12:52 PM
Scared to death!!!

LOL that's funny to Pure Romance girls on here! Well good luck on your hyst too. Are you scared out of your mind like me? I am been so mean and just plain out moody to my fiance and I feel so bad but he just doesn't understand and I get so angry cause I feel so alone. Do you understand what I'm going through or do you have a more supportive loved one in your life? Also, so you are saying that you are going to take the full 4-6 weeks off from PR?
Unread 02-11-2006, 06:51 PM
re: scared to death

Hi Brandy. I, too have the same date as you and I feel the same. I am soooo moody. My dh says the same thing, that I am obsessing about what could go wrong. I am worried that what if all my problems don't go away after surgery. What if my sex life is horrible? I am only 33 and worry about going thru menopause so early. I am also having a hard time knowing that I have to rely on everyone after surgery. I am very independant and not one that is able to sit around the house. I always have to be busy, so this is going to be hard. I am being really cranky to my dh and I don't mean to. I am just very scared and everyone tells me that everything will be ok, so I know how you feel. Just hang in there and you can write me whenever you feel like it. You are not alone

Amy
Unread 02-11-2006, 10:12 PM
Scared to death!!!

Wow, I can't believe how normal I feel while reading your comments!!!
This site has been the best thing for me.. It makes me feel like I'm not alone.. Brandy, you can email me any time you want. I check my emails a lot during the day. Our surgeries are on the same day and I am anxious too.. What you are feeling is perfectly normal for what you are going through.. Know that. It is a big deal.

You need to keep busy.. Try to occupy your mind. I have been really moody too. My husband says he's walking around on egg shells and doesn't know what to say to me.. A lot of it has to do with the hormones I am on to stop the bleeding..

When you get really anxious, breath deep from you stomach. Slow breaths. It really helps and will help you relax..

If you like movies, overdose in the theatre during the next week.. Laugh your butt off and bawl your eyes out.. It's all good for you.. Crying and Laughing release great things in your body that make you feel better... Surround yourself with people that care for you.. No, they might not understand because they aren't going through it.. We are or have been so take that from this website. Take whatever your friends and family can give you that you need and do things that make you feel good. Long baths, reading a good book. Whatever it is for you.. If it's being on the computer and hearing about information to help you prepare, then do that..

You are not alone!!!! You have us. Email as much as you can.. That's what we're here for .. Each other..

(((((((BIG HUGE HUGS SENT YOUR WAY))))))
Unread 02-11-2006, 10:16 PM
Scared to death!!!

I reread my last email and it didn't sound right when I said overdose in the theatre???? I meant immerse yourself in the theatre..
take an overdose of movies so to speak.. I just wanted to straighten that out.. that really didn't come out right.. sorry!!!!!!
Unread 02-11-2006, 10:21 PM
Scared to death!!!

Hi Brandy, I had my TAH on Feb 7th. I was so nervous and couldn't eat anything for 3 days prior to surgery. I documented all of our bills, cleaned our house, wrote goodbye letters to almost everybody and couldn't sleep.
I was diagnosed with pre-cancerous hyperplasia and had myself completely freaked out. I came through surgery just fine and got the pathology results back on Thursday with NO CANCER found! I am still sore and need help getting in and out of bed but other than that my problems are minimal.

Keep your mind off of your surgery as much as possible and before you know it, it will be over and you will be on the road to recovery.

I'll be thinking of you on Tuesday and pray for an uneventful surgery and speedy recovery. Until then-do what you need to do to prepare and try to have some fun this weekend to get your mind off of things.

Take care, you're in my thoughts.
Hugs!
Kaiba
Unread 02-12-2006, 04:37 PM
Scared to death!!!

Hi Brandy - We share the same date too and yes I know how you feel though I am feeling pretty calm at the moment. I have been a really bad tempered witch for weeks! My DH says I have lost my sense of humour - though I really don't think his jokes are funny at the moment - might be because the only things I find funny are some of the comments on this site like the thread on wanting to see what they take out and then taking revenge on it! My DH is easy going but there is a limit I know not to pass and I've snapped on a few occasions and felt myself doing it and then waited for the snap back but he's been really good and kept quiet. I know he understands but then I feel really guilty which is just as bad. It's the same with my DS and I can't stand seeing her hurt face when I've shouted over something and nothing! It's so normal we just can't help it. I'm glad I've finished work now because I had absolutely no patience with anyone. I did warn them I would be stressed and apologised up front if I became a bit of a Mrs Angry and I did! I know come Friday morning I will be a shivering, jabbering wreck - just hope they give me some meds quick otherwise I will be running out the door! Try to keep busy and learn as much as you can from this web site. I have found myself a lot calmer since I've searched this site and learned from it. It's also a good way of talking about your fears and anxieties to others who are in the same boat instead of to people who think they understand but can't possibly unless they've gone through it. Good luck on Friday and remember you're not alone! xx

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register