harley riding? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

harley riding? harley riding?

Unread 08-12-2006, 10:19 AM
harley riding?

My husband keeps asking when I can go biking..AAAGGHHH...anyone tell me when they felt they resumed that part of life....

LAVH rso adeno fibroids cysts 7-12-06
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2006, 11:28 AM
harley riding?

WOW! I wonder if he realizes how you're not really healed for 6 months to a year, and in the meantime riding is an awful lot of vibration. I would think this would be much, much worse than riding in a car. And if you're not feeling 100% healed, you could be putting an awful lot of pressure on your cuff (if you have one).

I know it's hard to not do the things you love, but I'd hate to have all that vibration aggravate your tissues or worse.

This is just my humble opinion. I am known to be a nervous-Nelly about waiting until you're healed enough to do things.

If he's "bugging" you about it you could ask him how badly he wants to have to take care of you when you injure yourself and have to re-start recovery again. Sometimes it takes the hard truth to get our fellas to listen.

Hope you feel better soon!
Unread 08-12-2006, 01:28 PM
harley riding?

My husband and I both ride motorcycles and I can tell you, I am 4 weeks post-op, see the doctor in a week and a half, and even if he tells me I can ride, I AM NOT ! I cannot imagine all that joggling!!!! I am still so sore at the end of the day especially, so I don't want to be on a bike! Do you feel like riding???? I am just hoping to get back on the treadmill after my post-op.. Figuring I probably wont ride my motorcycle till the spring.???????????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-12-2006, 02:05 PM
harley riding?

No, I do not want to , I can barely move after weeding a little adn cruisin around in the morn.....thansk for the input ladies!!!
Unread 08-12-2006, 04:02 PM
harley riding?

My husband and I both ride. I went for my first ride after I got the ok from my doctor at four weeks. Thankfully I rode my 250 instead of my harley. I was sore for a few days afterward. I waited after that until 8 weeks to ride and I was glad I did. I have been riding my 250 since then. I rode my Harley the second week of July about 15 weeks. I still tend to ride the 250 since it is lighter and I'm still a little hestitant. I rode my own bike about an hour/hour and a half two weeks ago and it felt great!!

I rode with Dh on his bike at about 6 weeks. We didn't go too far about a half hour away.

Like I said I took my time, but do it when you feel ready. Don't rush it.

Best of luck to you!! Happy riding days are ahead.
Unread 08-12-2006, 11:46 PM
Missed riding

I have a 400cc Suzuki scooter( all the power without shifting) I started riding again yesterday (4 1/2 weeks out) and had no problems. Felt good to be back in the saddle. My doc had said my tummy would tell me when I was ready. I think riding a motorcyle or being a passenger would be harder since you have to swing your leg over the saddle. I can kinda step thru with my scooter. Good luck and I hope you can ride soon..does wonders for the spirit.
Unread 08-13-2006, 12:49 AM
harley riding?

I asked my doctor about it and she said I was allowed to resume riding at six weeks. Of course, if you don't feel ready at six weeks, then tell your husband you will need to wait until your body is ready to handle it. I'd recommend some form of abdominal support while riding. a jiggling swelly belly is no fun.

I was bad and rode a very short ways earlier this week because my car was in the shop, and in order to get to and from the shop while my car was there, my only option for a ride was on the bike with my boyfriend. We're talking only like 4 or 5 blocks and I felt fine. Yr just not supposed to ride earlier because according to my doctor, if the bike spills at earlier than 6 weeks, you could tear out internal stitches and end up back in surgery for repairs.

some motorcycle seats are far more comfortable than others, too and that's a factor. We have a 2000 Yamaha Virago 1100cc and the seats are awesome incl the little passenger seat, plus a padded sissy bar for added safety. Dad has some other type of bike...I forget what, and the little passenger seat is like a leather covered brick. Horrible at the best of times.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register