What a breeze! Surgery Friday, Home Saturday | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

What a breeze! Surgery Friday, Home Saturday What a breeze! Surgery Friday, Home Saturday

Unread 12-31-2001, 10:43 AM
What a breeze! Surgery Friday, Home Saturday

Ladies,

What a breeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I just had the easiest hysterectomy in the history of womankind!

I was scheduled for a TAH/BSO, but my fabulous doctor was able to get everything in a TVH/BSO. I woke up feeling great, had a private room (in the pediatric unit, what a hoot!), and almost no pain, limited discomfort. She did find that I had fibroids that had not been previously noticed, and my uterus was the size of a 10 week pregnancy. That would explain the bleeding/flooding!

I refused narcotics, took ibuprofin only, got the pneumatic stockings and catheter off by Friday night, and was released early Saturday morning. I took a shower at the hospital early Saturday morning unassisted, and I am telling you, I feel great!

I have an HRT patch on my bum, and it appears to be working....not weepy at all.

I should have done this a year ago..........

Thanks for all of your support,

Marie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2001, 12:54 PM

Wow, that is great. Gives me some hope. I think I will be able to have the same as you. But my doc is saying stay in hosp will be from Wed - Friday. That is fine with me.

Great news just don't do too much.

Blondie
Unread 12-31-2001, 01:10 PM

Marie --
it's great to hear that you're doing so well, but try to take it easy for a while anyway! It's easy to overdo when everything went so well and you're feeling good.
Glad to hear it went better than expected and no problems.
Happy New Year!
Peachy
TAH/BSO 1/5/01
cyst, fibroids, endo, adeno, adhesions
.625 premarin, progesterone cream, black kohosh, vitamins

FEEL BETTER THAN I HAVE IN YEARS!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-31-2001, 02:27 PM

What an inspiration! I am scheduled for the 28th and am still trying to decide if this is what I want to do. Hoping I can have a Laproscopic hysterectomy with removal of the ovaries too. The hormones really do scare me. It was great to read your post. Take it easy and hope you continue to do as well! Cathy
Unread 12-31-2001, 02:58 PM

Welcome home from the castle! I'm so happy for you that all went well and hope the rest of your recovery goes just as smoothly. Just remember, even though you had your surgery vaginally, you still had just as much work done on the inside with same amount of internal stitches. Please be careful not to overdo. I hope that you still feel just as great as the anesthesia leaves your system and when the stitches start dissolving. Keep us posted & come visit us in the chat room.
Unread 12-31-2001, 03:31 PM

Marie,
Thanks for your post. It came at the perfect time. I am scheduled to visit the castle on Jan 3, 2002. It was GREAT to read about such a positive experience. Hope your recovery continues to be smooth.
Have a Happy New Year
Thanks
Linlou

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register