rectocele & cystocele repair--recovery? - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Pelvic Floor and Bladder Issues

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

rectocele & cystocele repair--recovery? rectocele & cystocele repair--recovery?

Unread 04-22-2007, 10:00 AM
rectocele & cystocele repair--recovery?

It is all very scary! Shantra you are in for alot of work as well. I wish I could have done mine all at once! A small consolation that you will just have one recovery!!! A good sign...your surgery is on my very special DS's 21st birthday! It has always been a good day and I hope it will be good luck for you. I will be thinking of you that day! Please let us know how you do. Sounds like the messy, hairy men will need to be taking good care of you and don't let the furballs jump up on you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-22-2007, 10:21 AM

Thanks Kathie! The furballs had better not! My husband has been trying to discourage them from jumping on any of us I think in preparation for this.. one furball weighs 90lbs and the other 93!!
Unread 04-22-2007, 10:28 AM

Did you say you had dogs or horses!!! Just kidding. I bet it costs a fortune to feed them! You will be in serious trouble if they jump on you. Keep up the training! Enjoy the next few days and don't worry. The waiting is really the hardest part!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-23-2007, 10:13 AM

Thank you for the kind words and support. Will keep your advise in mind as well as my prayers for your either continued speedy recovery and/or future surgery. I've been talking with my little girl to begin preparing her for this and this is helping me to prepare as well.

Shantra,
I can see that your surgery is practically around the corner...April 26th? If so, I will keep you in my prayers. Yup it is scary, I'm scared but then again, we are in good hands (not only the Dr's but also in God's hands).
Best of luck and let us know how you're doing as soon as you get a chance as you recover.
HUGS
Unread 04-23-2007, 11:10 AM

Thank you kathie and Anetita. Yes.. Thursday.. last night I was crying at the Hallmark commercials!!!!

I will be keeping you in my thoughts and thank you for thinking of me. I am not expecting to exit the Castle until Sunday at the earliest but I will post after as soon as I can.
Unread 04-23-2007, 08:40 PM

I had retrocele,cystocele and TVH and sling repair on March 29th. The surgery really wasn't too bad. You are just really sore. I didn't have excruciating pain and honestly only took about 5 percocets in a week. I developed an infection that caused me to be admitted 1 week later for 3 days of IV antibiotics. Then exactly 1 week later readmitted for the same infection only to find that it had spilled over into bloodstream. So I asked doctor what was up, because I have no chronic conditions,not overweight etc. He said I'm just a lady with a little bad luck. So on Tuesday I see the uro/gyn for my delayed 2 week postop. Make sure you have a comfy pillow to sit on for awhile. But looking at what I've been thru- the surgery was actually a piece of cake.
Unread 04-24-2007, 06:57 AM

Shantra,
I'm also sending my best of wishes for your surgery on Thursday,
I hope everything goes smoothly and your are up and about soon. Hugs.
Unread 04-24-2007, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianne223344
Hi
I had repairs done for a prolapse.I am at six weeks now and back at work.I did rest a lot and didnt do any lifting.I was uncomfortable but not in pain for the first four weeks I think the worst thing is the waiting to go into to hospital.
Dianne
So you had a hysterectomy for a prolapse with an a/p repair?
Unread 04-25-2007, 10:16 AM

Hi
Scurry I went in to have a hysterectomy plus a/p repairs but they did not do the hysterectomy.
Dianne
Unread 04-25-2007, 10:25 AM

Dianne,
So you only had the A&P repair without the Hysterectomy. This is what I'm having done in late June/early July (they haven't scheduled it yet). If so, how painful was it for you? For how long did you get to stay in the hospital? I have a 2 story home, do you think that I'll be able to go upstairs to my bed the day I return from the hospital? We're trying to figure out if I'll be able to go upstairs the first day of my return or if we need to set up a bed downstairs for the first couple of days. I hope that you get to recover soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register