Just can't wait to tell you all!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just can't wait to tell you all!! Just can't wait to tell you all!!

Unread 04-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Just can't wait to tell you all!!

Because I know you'll understand....my surgery was 15 hrs ago. I'm in the hosp w morphine & toradol (sp) & I've for tsh & kept 1 ovary. What brought me here was bc pills & ablation that weren't working for bleeding, labor pains & almost continual back pain. 1 good week out of the month. Possible adeno multiple adhesions but we didn't know how bad..... My awesome dr said I was a complete wreck inside!! Lol. No way of knowing b4. My uterus was up between my rib cage, everything stuck to the wrong things upside down & enlarged & stretched out.... And get this!!!! My left ovary was stuck to my back!! I had been laying on it for 10 yrs!!! No wonder I had such back pain & my legs going numb!! He was stunned & just as excited as I am. He said my quality if life will increase 10 fold. He has no idea how I've been handling the pain for so long!! I'm laying here in the bed withou back pain & my legs haven't gone numb... My belly -uper & Lower are actually smaller than they were.. Oh yeah... And I lost 5 lbs from the bowel prep & liquid diet. Tee hee --- yeah it'll come back. Just doing my private little happy dance. . Soooo excited its over!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Re: Just can't wait to tell you all!!

Congratulations!! I'm sooo excited for your and happy that things went well. I agree with your doctor, your quality of life will improve tremendously. You'll look back and wonder how did you ever manage.
Now it's time to let the princess be pampered.
I pray that you have a successful recovery

Lots of ((HUGS)) to you
Unread 04-13-2013, 01:24 AM

Thx so much!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2013, 06:41 AM

I was also told that I was a wreck inside -- huge endometriomas and scar tissue that had my ovary and uterus twisted around my right ureter and my back. My surgeon, who's been in practice for 25 years, said it was the worst he'd ever seen.

I am now 6 weeks post op and my life really is so much better. I didn't realize just how much pain I was soldiering through. It's like there's a huge weight off my shoulders. Getting this hysterectomy was one of the best choices I've ever made.

I'm doing great on bio identical estrogen and have been back to work for 3 weeks.

Best wishes to you!
Unread 04-13-2013, 07:02 AM

That's great! My Dr told me my uterus was in the 'top ten' of the largest she has removed, and basically just one giant fibroid. I can't wait to see how much better I'm going to feel once everything heals!
Unread 04-13-2013, 07:04 AM

I'm hoping my 1 ovary works well enough for me. I was on bio identical progesterone and loved what it did for me. Peri menopause night sweats & hot flashes with the moods & pain pushed me to my limit. Maybe I had that ovary so annoyed! Lol. Fingers crossed. And so great to hear that you're doing so well!
Unread 04-13-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcgrace View Post
Because I know you'll understand....my surgery was 15 hrs ago. I'm in the hosp w morphine & toradol (sp) & I've for tsh & kept 1 ovary. What brought me here was bc pills & ablation that weren't working for bleeding, labor pains & almost continual back pain. 1 good week out of the month. Possible adeno multiple adhesions but we didn't know how bad..... My awesome dr said I was a complete wreck inside!! Lol. No way of knowing b4. My uterus was up between my rib cage, everything stuck to the wrong things upside down & enlarged & stretched out.... And get this!!!! My left ovary was stuck to my back!! I had been laying on it for 10 yrs!!! No wonder I had such back pain & my legs going numb!! He was stunned & just as excited as I am. He said my quality if life will increase 10 fold. He has no idea how I've been handling the pain for so long!! I'm laying here in the bed withou back pain & my legs haven't gone numb... My belly -uper & Lower are actually smaller than they were.. Oh yeah... And I lost 5 lbs from the bowel prep & liquid diet. Tee hee --- yeah it'll come back. Just doing my private little happy dance. . Soooo excited its over!
Yay!!!! So happy for you! Cheers to happy, pain free days from here on out
Unread 04-13-2013, 10:12 AM

So happy for you. Most people will not get it, we do.

Pamper the Princess!!
Unread 04-13-2013, 10:45 AM

Yes, we understand and are so happy for you. Congratulations on a new lease on life.
Unread 04-13-2013, 02:20 PM

Now you can start enjoying your life! Hugs and congrats

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register