Panties? Binder? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Panties? Binder? Panties? Binder?

Unread 05-18-2013, 05:28 PM
Panties? Binder?

I have been searching several sites for post op undergarments! Does anyone have personal experience with specific binders and panties that are a must have???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2013, 06:27 PM
Re: Panties? Binder?

I didn't do the binder thing but bought my 'granny' pants from target very cheaply. Just back sure they are a size too big as the belly can swell quite a bit. They are not the most attractive of things but they do a good job!!
Unread 05-18-2013, 06:28 PM

I didn't buy either. I found my regular panties worked well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2013, 06:31 PM

mine hurt!
Unread 05-18-2013, 07:05 PM

You definitely don't need a binder. I bought a couple pairs of a size bigger bikini panties which worked well. They were just more comfortable and were below the incisions on my stomach.
Unread 05-18-2013, 07:39 PM

Didn't have either. Did just fine without them. I wore my jeans out to dinner tonight with no problem... 9 days Posy op. You might want to have a few pair of larger panties just in case you do have some swelling or itchy incisions.
Unread 05-18-2013, 11:09 PM

The hospital provided me these great 'mesh panties. They are so soft and comfortable. I would ask for a few to take home with you. I would not bother buying if they can give you. Also, my hospital said they could also supply a binder if I wanted but I did not need. I had a LAVH on Tuesday May 14th. Just ask them.
Good luck with your surgery!
Unread 05-19-2013, 12:36 AM

I got mesh panties from the hospital and then on the 3rd day used my normal panties.
Unread 05-19-2013, 08:10 AM

I too got the mesh panties from the hospital. I asked for extras from the nurses, used them for a couple weeks then back to my old ones. My dr said that I would not need a binder.
Unread 05-19-2013, 09:33 AM

I ordered the double binder set from this site - one has built in ice pack pockets - and I wish I had had them from day 1 after my surgery. I ordered them over 2 weeks out and they have been very helptul. I use the ice packs 2 - 3 times a day and it has taken the swelling down a great deal. I would highly recommend them - especially the one with the ice packs.

Costco sells three packs of nylon support panties that I actuallly used for some work clothes before surgery and I found them very supportive and comfortable after the surgery. I even started wearing them with jeans and shorts. They are not too binding but give good support. They were much more comfortable than my regular panties were.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register