TVH So bored!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-20-2011, 04:37 PM
So bored!!

Hello ladies,
I'm only 5 days post op and I'm going crazy already. You would think I would be used to being home since I'm a stay at home mom, but this is different. Not being able to do things, not running errands and all that stuff makes your days go by so slowly. I don't watch too much daytime tv so it kinda sucks being stuck inside. I know the rest is needed and I will do what I'm told but boy its going to be a long 6 weeks. I'm done with my summer classes because I didn't know how I would feel after the surgery. I'm wishing I would have saved some work for now. Oh well, what can I do, lol. I hope everyone that is recovering a speedy one. Take care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Re: So bored!!

I am 4 weeks post op from TAH and back at work now (light offfice duties). The boredom was driving me nuts too, think of things that you can do that do not involve any lifting or harsh movements. Go through photos and create scrapbooks, another good one is to write a journal for yourself of how you're feeling and what happens each day. I read a lot but then got to the stage where I had nothing more to read and was sick of watching movies. If you can keep your mind busy the days will fly by.
Unread 07-20-2011, 06:49 PM

Me too!!!

I sent hubby for puzzle books. My niece to the library to pick up books ( I could reserve online). Sister to rent movies and mama to get the home mani/peddie kit.

I'm thinking about signing up for the free trial of ancestry.com and starting a family tree.

I can only be up for about 15 min before the stinging/pulling pain becomes to much. Then I lay back down and it goes away.

Thankfully there's not much to do when I am up so I don't feel much guilt. It's too hot outside to do much so not much guilt there either.

We've GOT to REST. we've got only one chance to heal proper and after seeing some horror stories I don't want to take any chances. Hopefully you don't either stephiedi!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2011, 07:36 PM

Stephiede,
i can relate to your feelings! I am a stay at home mom of a five year old and do take college courses, but I am little over three weeks post op and can't stand it! I was restricted on my driving because I had to have uterine tissue and repair work done to my intestines also, so i have to still wait another three weeks before driving. My DH works an crazy schedules, and everyone around me is so busy there isn't time for me..I have a laptop and actually started looking online for arts and crafts and am now learning to crochet, though with the hot flashes I have, its kind of a pain, not sure what I will use them for..maybe gifts?? My son's coloring books are passing the time too, daytime TV is kind of boring, so through netflicks I ordered whole seasons of my favorite shows, that is kind of helping too...anyway Happy healing!! best wishes!
Unread 07-20-2011, 08:15 PM

Becky, I am coloring in my son's books also, lol. Its weird to not do anything. You don't realize all you do until you can't do it. I'm not going to over do it because I don't want anything to happen. I'm looking forward to enjoying the life after the pain and heavy bleeding. Tonight I started playing games on the computer. I know I just have to find things to do like you guys have suggested. Thanks for the ideas.
Unread 07-20-2011, 08:25 PM

Becky, the crochet can be very rewarding. It is also meditative once you get it down pat. Think of the wonderful gifts you can make or if you prefer, the items you can make and donate to those in need. Can you tell it's one of my favorite pastimes? I have so many things I want to do during recovery. Books to read, movies to watch, crochet projects and sewing. I'm looking forward to the "me" time. We all deserve it. So let's enjoy it! Happy healing everyone.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register