TAH Infection | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-04-2014, 10:35 AM
Infection

Gutted, 2 1/2 weeks post op, just been to my local doctors as still awaiting a follow up appointment from my gyne, only to be told I have an infection in my incision, no wonder I was feeling so rubbish. Three different antibiotics now given, and am completely exhausted from this short trip out. Anyone else out there in my position or been in that position.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Re: Infection

I had a couple of post op infections after my hysterectomy but not of my incision. Now, after my last csection I had a seroma rupture and it got badly infected. I had home health nurses pack me with sponges for two really long months a few times a day before finally having to go back into surgery so she could sew it from the inside out. My uterus ended up infected and stayed that way for two years, causing massive adhesions and other funkiness. It all lead to my hysterectomy. . I feel ya sister!
Unread 02-06-2014, 12:59 AM

Wow.... How are you now? You sound like you have been through it bad xxxx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-06-2014, 02:51 AM

I have one in my belly button incision too. When mine came on full blown I was on a ferry, incision oozing, odor was awful, and I didn't remember half of the trip. Barely walked in to dr. Office, by the time he was done I went out in a wheel chair. That was two wks ago...finished antibiotics, now to get back on recovery track. I am feeling better...just get exhausted easy. Hang in there...
Unread 02-06-2014, 02:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loraevrsn View Post
I have one in my belly button incision too. When mine came on full blown I was on a ferry, incision oozing, odor was awful, and I didn't remember half of the trip. Barely walked in to dr. Office, by the time he was done I went out in a wheel chair. That was two wks ago...finished antibiotics, now to get back on recovery track. I am feeling better...just get exhausted easy. Hang in there...
Nice to hear your on the road to recovery! Hopefully have been taking antibiotics for over a day now and they will start kicking in, feeling a slight emotional and physical wreck today , it's nice to hear that there is light at the end of the tunnel xxxx
Unread 02-06-2014, 03:05 AM

The day I went back for a check, my dr's partner seen me as mine was on vacation. I was the same way. Emotional wanted to cry. Funny thing is I did ask him as I am not a crier. He said ahh let it out a good cry never hurts anyone. I can say once someone gave me permission, my body was like nope, not going to happen. No tears would come. We all had a good laugh...he did say it is all part of the recovery.
Unread 02-07-2014, 04:08 AM

I am sorry to hear you're having trouble! I had a couple of infections arise about a month after my surgery. I had (have??) a bladder/UTI infection as well as an infection beneath one of my incisions. I did one round of antibiotics and thought it knocked it but it resurfaced while we were visiting family in India. I know what you mean about the physical and emotional wear and tear. I am worn out with this whole process and frustrated it has taken so long to recover.

Today I finished the last dose of the second round of antibiotics. I'll give it through the weekend and if I'm not 100% by Monday morning I'll go back in. I think these are tough infections to beat because it's hard to figure out exactly where they are without extensive testing, which no one feels like after a hysterectomy! I hope you will stay on top of it and, unlike I did, don't be shy about letting your doctor know if you aren't feeling better. Sending best wishes and hugs across the pond!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register