The day before surgery? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

The day before surgery? The day before surgery?

Unread 07-07-2006, 06:04 AM
The day before surgery?

Just want to say I am so happy I was told about this site.You all are Awesome with the questions and answers and I have never felt so at ease.

I was wondering, I don't have my Pre-Op appointment until the 17th to find this out and it has been bugging me a little. What are you required to do the day before you go in? We have my work company picnic on the 23rd at the beach and I go in 6:00am on the 24th for a TAH/BSO .I'm not sure about going because of all the sun and food I might be exposed to. I would hate to get sick and have to wait again. I am so looking forward for this to finally be over. After 2 1/2 years of having heavy bleeding 3 times a month for 5 days each, I am not willing to let anything happen to this date.
Thank you for your input.
Lisa
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2006, 06:19 AM
The day before surgery?

((( Lisa ))) I think that maybe you should give your dr a call and what his/her pre op orders are. The drs all seem to have their own preferences. Some ladies have to fast and or do a bowel prep. I lucked out and was only told "nothing by mouth after midnight". You would also probably want to be careful not to get too much sun and chance a burn. Checking ahead would be helpful in making your plans.

s
Unread 07-07-2006, 07:13 AM
The day before surgery?

I agree, follow what your doctor says and enjoy yourself till then. Maybe stay away from alcohol/smokes etc before hand. I did a bit of a detox from wheat and dairy and also got as fit as I could beforehand. Good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-07-2006, 07:35 AM
The day before surgery?

Hi Lisa...I agree with the other sisters - check with your MD (hopefully your MD is like mine and it was a "call anytime with any question" office - her nurse practitioner is an angel!). I will say that with my TAH, my day before prep was "light fare" which I took to mean chicken broth, jello, ice pops - not necessarily picnic foods. If you have to do any bowel prep (I had to use a Fleet enema), please remember that whatever you put in your mouth that day, the bowel prep will pull back out (sorry, I know that's gross). Also, nothing to eat or drink (not even a sip of water) after midnight - they want your belly EMPTY so there's nothing to mix with or bring up because of the anesthetic.

Good luck to you!
Unread 07-07-2006, 07:49 AM
The day before surgery?

Thank you so much for the replies. I will call the Dr. and see. And I really think staying home will be the best thing. I'll have total control over my enviroment. And can spend the day with my family.
You all are so great.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register