Still Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Still Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Unread 04-13-2002, 05:51 PM
Still Waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Ladies.......I was subpose to have my hyster April 15th which is this coming Monday and they had to post-pone it as my insurance company has filed for bankrupcey and now we have to wait for this other insurance company to take over....ain't that just the luck. Just as I had finally got up the nerve to have the surgery done now, I am back a square one again. Our wonderful govenor here is wanting to do away with the insurance program I am on and it looks like he is doing a good job trying to do so, so like I said I will now have to wait until this new insurance takes over which they say will be the end of the month, but they are hoping before, and than I will get a new surgery date. The Dr. says he wants to make sure he gets paid which I understand, but here I am in a lot of discomfort as well, and now I have to worry about my iron level dropping even more even though I am taking my iron pills but my body is rejecting them. But, you guys have been realy wonderful and soon as I get a new surgery date I will be sure to let you all know. Thanks for all of your support it means alot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 05:58 PM
short wit i hope!!!

I will be praying that your wait is short and the insurance switch takes less time than expected.I know you will feel so much better knowing that the insurance is settled when you have your surgery. I know waiting is the worst part. Hopefully it won't be much longer.
Unread 04-13-2002, 06:19 PM

Thanks I too hope it won't be much longer I am really starting to believe the waiting time is the worst part of it all. I even told my husband yesterday lets just forget the whole thing and I won't have it done, but with the cystic fibers on the uterus and the ovaries, and the enlarged uterus as well as the anemia I know I need to have it done and I am only hurting myself (and my family) if I don't.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-13-2002, 06:20 PM
Relax while waiting

I don't know how you feel about the Heavenly Father (Jesus), but I truely believe in him. I think everything happens for a reason. I am 24 yrs old and I was scheduled to have a hyst. last June and my insurance co. lost my paperwork, so therefore my surgery was postponed. I was so devasted, b/c I had worried all this time and now I wasn't having the operation. I wasn't very happy in the first place about the surgery, but now that it was cancelled it was very upsetting. You set your mind to get something done, and then your plans get changed and it can be very difficult. The reason for me telling you this is that.....If I would have gone along with my surgery then, I would have never met my finace. I believe with my heart that Jesus pushed the surgery out, so that I could meet my fiance. So for me telling you this story is, don't look at the postponed surgery as dwelling more weeks of worry, but look at the time as an opportunity for something or someone to arise. My surgery has now been scheduled for April 19th and I feel scared but confident that everything will be okay. I hope that this letter can encourage you some, b/c I know what it's like to have my surgery postponed.
Unread 04-13-2002, 06:38 PM

Thank you for the encourage ment. As for the Heavenly Father I do believe as well things do happen for a reason. I have had 2 surgeries before but nothing this major. I pray alot. I pray everynight before going to bed. And with all of the help with the hyster sisters and my praying it really helps so when I find myself getting really down I will pray and I will come to this sight and read and all of it does help. My husband he a very supportive man but, he also understands that there are times when awoman need sto talk to anoter woman. Thanks for the encouragement. :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register