Laproscopic Hysterectomy?? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Laproscopic Hysterectomy?? Laproscopic Hysterectomy??

Unread 04-24-2003, 09:32 AM
Laproscopic Hysterectomy??

Hi all,

I was just at my doc's and he thought I was a candidate for laproscopic hysterectomy possibly. He's referred me to another doc for a consult. Has anyone had a laproscopic hysterectomy? It sure seems like a great alternative but I was just wondering what kind of experiences some of you may have had with it...questions to ask...or things to be aware of before I go for my consult.

I just can't thank all of you enough for being here on this website! Though I hate the fact that any of us have to go through these things, I'm sure glad we can talk to each other and support each other!

By the way, I'm PCOS, heavy bleeding, bad cramping, never ending bleeding and thickened uterus.

Thank you all so much!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2003, 09:38 AM

Hi, Froggy!

I had an LAVH 13 days ago and would do it again in a heartbeat. After about a week, I felt so much better, and now, at almost two weeks, I feel terrific.

I had adenomyosis, lots of bleeding and pain, and it's wonderful to know that's not coming back!

Hugs to you,
Lou Ann
Unread 04-24-2003, 04:20 PM

Hi Froglegs,

I had a laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy (LSH) in January. It was very easy surgery with a very quick recovery. I had no internal sutures ~ everything was cauterized with a laser, and the uterus 'peeled' into strips and removed through one of my 3 very small abdominal incisions (each incision is about an inch long). I had a VERY positive experience with my LSH, and would highly recommend it. The recovery with LSH is very quick ~ I was cleared for everything, including sex and lifting, at my 2 week checkup.

Hope this helps!!!

Eileen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-24-2003, 04:39 PM

I had the same experience as eilene. Had an LSH LSO on March 13 and since the third week haven't felt like I had a hyst at all.

I was cleared at 4 days for any activity.

You're a lucky girl to have this option!
Unread 04-24-2003, 07:26 PM

I had an LSH 2/18 and at 2 wks was released for anything it was great. I would do it again in a heartbeat!!! If thats an option for you go for it. I live in a very small town of 3000 and I was blessed that my Dr. did this type of surgery as well. Good Luck with your surgery
Unread 04-24-2003, 09:01 PM
Excitement!

Hi-
I was not sure what the surgery method was called as well as the acronym, but I am also preparing for this sort of surgical procedure and do know my annoying uterus will depart me! I'm excited and feel blessed that this is even a possiblity. I am told I will have four small incisions made and the uterus will be disected four ways and brought out through the incisions! Thank you ladies for your response. I have some idea what to expect!
Unread 04-25-2003, 07:13 AM
Thank you all!!

Thanks so much for sharing with me. I just hope...fingers crossed...that I am a candidate for this procedure. My consult is May 5th and hopefully I can get my date for the castle soon! Funny to be anxious for surgery but after all these years of this, I'm ready to do it!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register