Having my first meltdown - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Having my first meltdown Having my first meltdown

Unread 07-05-2006, 03:13 PM
Having my first meltdown

Thank you Spirit Maiden. I will have a talk with him.... Wish me luck!

Z.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Having my first meltdown

A trill, huh?? I think I'd rather be a Klingon. They seem to face the scariest times with lots of courage!! Actually - I'd prefer to be half Betazoid and Half Klingon. What's your favorite series? I have the box set for the Voyager series ... guess what I'll be doing when I get home from the ?? :LOL: When I was younger, my friends used to say that I looked like Deanna Troi...

KAPLAH!

Zobiana
Unread 07-05-2006, 03:25 PM
Having my first meltdown

I love the TNG and DS9 series, of course the original (classic Kirk..hehehe ) DH wrote a paper about Data, called Deconstructing Data, about sentient beings - he actually got it published! I enjoyed the Voyager series, but wasnt' able to get into Enterprise - though DH did. Klingons are cool, DH would be a Klingon if he could - When we got married, we were going to say our vows in Klingon, but our mothers put their feet and canes down on it (though my mom thought it would have been funny for the rehersal) We really enjoy our Star Trek over here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-05-2006, 03:26 PM
Having my first meltdown

Zombiana -

When you get ready to talk with your DH - just keep thinking in the back of your mind, "Resistance is futile...resistance is futile."

I think it would be fun to be a Q - or is that Kew? Be able to go anywhere - anytime - and be anything.

Good luck with your talk with DH.
Unread 07-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Having my first meltdown

You guys are great, LSU and Noni!!! I haven't laughed like that in so long! I think Q is the greatest! He drove poor Riker nuts! I love TNG too, and I'm just starting to watch DS9 from the beginning. I like Odo. Enterprise was okay ... I expected much more from it.

There was always something about the Cardassians that intrigued me. My DH is like a Vulcan - tee hee! One of my favorite Voyager characters is the Doctor. He's a riot!

If you like Star Trek, you would really enjoy Babylon 5. It is an incredible series! The whole thing is available from start to finish on netflix.

How about wedding vows in Borg? It could go something like this: "Do you vow to add the technological and biological distinctiveness of [groom's name] to your own? You have been assimilated!"

DH is hanging in there. He knows that most of my crazy moodiness is from being bombarded by hormones. As soon as he got home from work today, he just said, "Get dressed! I'm taking you out!" We went for a nice ride (it was a beautiful night) and out for dinner. Poor guy.

Thanks for the laughs, Gals I really appreciate you!!!
Unread 07-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Having my first meltdown

Everytime I see a man who is "pumped" (Arnold Swartzenegger, Sly Stone, etc.) I can't help but say - "Ohhhhhh - Cardassian!"

I loved your Borg wedding vows!

Yeah - I wouldn't mind being in Orlando! (Actually - I'm partial to being closer to the beach, tho). I spent many summers in Sanford taking care of my ex-husband's parents when they were ill. I kept hoping that one day I'd get to live in Florida, but my current DH is happy at his job here in Ohio.
Unread 07-05-2006, 10:25 PM
Having my first meltdown

You're so funny!! Teaching is my second career ... I was in HR for over a decade, and toward the end, I had to do a lot of traveling (which I hated). Every time I had to go away, DH and I would tell the puppies that, "Mommie has to go on an away mission." Isn't that silly?

I always wanted to be closer to the beach, too ... then in 2004 we were ravaged by Hurricanes Charley, Frances and Jeanne. Inland is fine by me!! We're only a bit under an hour's drive from the beach. I don't mind! I'm not from here ... I moved from Rhode Island ten years ago. I was very used to being a stone's throw from the beach! I don't miss the cold and the snow, though I do miss the lobster and the real apple cider - yum! ... and the authentic Italian restaurants. There aren't many in Orlando.

I like Ohioans ... DH and I drove from Detroit to Orlando several years ago, and we had the best time in Ohio. The people there were so warm, friendly and welcoming!! In what line of work is your DH? Mine is a computer programmer. We're both musicians, too.

Z
Unread 07-05-2006, 10:33 PM
Having my first meltdown

I'm originally from the Cleveland area. Up there you can find loads of Italian restaurants - as well as Italian grocery stores, Italian bakeries, Little Italy, etc., etc., etc. There are also other ethnic neighborhoods - so all kinds of foods are available.

Here in Xenia, OH - there are American Italian restaurants (where the food doesn't really taste Italian and they sell American food, too), but no Italian grocery stores. I haven't found any Italians here (tho I did have someone post that there is someone who is Italian in a neighboring community.

The good thing about living around here are the fall festivals - and fresh apple cider. I've only had fresh lobster and crab once.

I used to be a Project Manager in corporate America until I was laid off. After that i got my substitute teaching license and sub grades 1-5 and 9-12. I also prefer Special Ed and MRDD classes. I've also subbed for tutors.

My DH is an aerospace engineer.

A musician? What do you and your DH play? Do you play for each other, in a band or other type of group?
Unread 07-06-2006, 03:00 PM
Having my first meltdown

It is like that in Rhode Island - lots of italian restaurants, groceries and bakeries. There are two good Italian restaurants (authentic) that I know of here in Orlando, but there are no bakeries so I have to get my cannoli when I go home to RI. I miss the fresh apple cider too! There is a farm near my house in Smithfield, RI (Jaswell's) that has a cider press. Their cider is fabulous!

I got really burned out in Corporate America. I was the "damage control" for a huge international company, meaning that I counseled employees after they were told that they were laid off. I did all the re-training as well. It was extremely stressful. It's really hard when people tell you that you're their last hope. That causes incredible pressure. Prior to 2002, when the economy was good, and the company was doing well, I did a lot of the hiring ... I hired engineers ... isn't that funny? Mostly mechanical engineers, though. Although, there are LOTS of defense contractors in East Orlando, and they employ aerospace engineers, and of course, NASA is a short drive away.

I tried working part time, but the job stress was still incredible. It was exacerbating my Crohn's to the point that I was always at the doctor's office. And, of course, when my Crohn's gets bad, so does my endo, and vice versa. Ugh. So ... I quit my job and got my teaching certificate. I teach Court Reporting to adults. It's a lot of fun! Having the summers off is a bonus, too!

I am a singer, and my DH plays bass guitar. We're not in a band, but we have a little studio set up in our house - just to make our own music

It sounds like we have a lot in common ...

Z.
Unread 07-06-2006, 04:06 PM
Having my first meltdown

We have some decent resturants up here.. but I miss my seafood from back home.. There are days when I am in my classroom, and I swear that I can smell crawfish or crabmeat... I have my dad ship me seafood twice a year and when I go down at Christmas, I usually bring back some shrimp and crabmeat. If you want steak / hamburgers / Cheese, this is the place - seafood, well... I think the closest seafood resturant is in Tenn. (Sigh...) Oh well... at least I love cheese!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register