Post ablation with fibroids, what is next? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Post ablation with fibroids, what is next? Post ablation with fibroids, what is next?

Unread 08-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Post ablation with fibroids, what is next?

Well, we are similar then! I hate taking pills too and was also reduced to taking 800 motrin and then later vicodin to make it through the day! I was threatened by DH and my friends that they were going to drag me to the doc. if I didn't go myself. After the hyster, I couldn't believe the difference between the pain I was trying manage and having it gone finally! Freedom!!! And how nice to be able to just get back to my life. I'm glad you have a great doc. and I hope that he is able to get you taken care of ASAP like you said. Keep us updated on how your appt. goes on Wed. You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hang in there, it will get better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 06:05 PM

Hi RT66Cruiser,

Did you finally have a chance to speak to your doctor today?

My doctor that did the ablation has taken the summer off. When I saw her in May she said she was still going to do a couple of surgeries over the summer and that if I wanted to, she would do the hysterectomy in July for me. There was no way I was even remotely ready that soon. Anyway, I have no choice now but to wait until the fall which is fine with me since I haven't decided yet what I'm going to do. I've read about other women who have had a hysterectomy and how much better they feel and how they wish they would have done it sooner that sometimes I wish I just wasn't so scared and could go through with it as well. I'm sure eventually I'll get fed up with dealing with all of this too.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you know in your heart what would be best for you and that you're ready for it. I think half the battle is just making the decision.

Hope you have a happy, pain free month.

Keep in touch
Unread 08-08-2007, 06:31 PM

Hi Purple Lilac,
Yes I talked with him early this morning and it looks like I am scheduled for September 8th. I am so scared, but know in my heart it is the right choice. It has been so long since I have felt good. My husband is staying home for 10 days with me!!!! I"m so happy for that.

I understand how hard it is to make this BIG decision, its so scarey!

I hope you can figure out what will be good for your situation. I'm here is you need to chat!!

RT66Cruiser
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-08-2007, 07:19 PM

Hi RT66Cruiser,

I'm so happy to hear that you will soon be able to put all of this behind you and to be able to get on with your life, without the motrin!! It's only natural to be scared before any surgery but you have the right attitude and I'm sure everything will be fine. And your husband gets to stay home with you for 10 days to pamper you!!!

Thanks for being there if I need someone to talk to, I'll be glad when I get over this denial that everything will be fine and that my doctor just made a mistake.

You will be in my thoughts on the 8th!
Unread 08-08-2007, 08:49 PM

RT66cruser

Good luck on the 8th. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. As Purple Lilac says, being at peace with the decision is half the battle. It will be much easier to recover knowing that you're doing what is best for you. Take care and we'll look for you on the other side!

Purple Lilac

You hang in there too. The fact that you are thinking about it and looking at your options say alot about you. We have to advocate for ourselves and take charge of our health, and sometimes that means holding off until we are emotionally ready. I hope you have a pain free month as well!
Unread 08-09-2007, 07:19 AM

Hi teacher30

Thank you for your kind words. I agree that we have to take charge of our own health and ask as many questions as we can and get as much information as possible. Having said that, I'm getting to the point where I've talked to anyone and everyone about my situation and still don't feel that I'm any closer to making a decision yet. I know that going through this pain each month means that all is not well inside my body and everyone I talk to wonders why I can't just go through with a hysterectomy and get this over with. Guess I'm just not emtionally ready yet. I hate that I can't be stronger.

Anyway enough feeling sorry for myself. Hope all is well with you.

Unread 08-09-2007, 07:59 AM

Thanks so very much Purple Lilac and Teacher30
I have been going through so much the last few months, I kept putting off the hysterectomy because I was having other issues and waiting for the Drs to figure out what is wrong with me. 5 months later and no answers.
It all started with burning sensation in my chest, arms, face, and back. Dr. sent me to emergency room thinking heart attack. I have had 2 EKG's, a stress test, Brain MRI that showed white matter on my brain, so I was sent to a Neurologist because they thought I might have MS. Time for more test, spine MRI, Transesophegael Echo, Carotid Ultrasound. And Blood work 7 times! I have been on an emotional Rollercoaster since April. I am worn out.

Then on top of all that, the GYN troulbes. So every single test I have had has come back NORMAL. I now want to MOVE forward and get back to living. I am still having this weird burning sensation it comes and goes. It does not hurt, its just weird. Its strange because who knows if this could all be tied in to my GYN troubles.

They ruled out I don't have MS and the white matter in my brain could be from the Migraine Headaches I have had for over 20 years.
Sorry about my long post.

Purple Lilac my sister has been telling me for YEARS to go have the hysterectomy done. I had to do it in MY time. You need to do what is good for you. And maybe right now, its not your time.

Even though I am scared of the surgery, I felt like a small weight had been lifted yesterday when I got off the phone with my Dr. The wait is gonna be the hardest part and I need to think of all the positive things. Do I should convincing? LOL LOL LOL

Thank you both from the bottom of my heart for your support!!! Its so nice having ladies out there that are in the same situation and understand. The site is amazing!!!!

Have a great day!

RT66Cruiser (Kimberley)
Unread 08-09-2007, 10:12 AM
Hi RT66Cruiser

Oh Kimberley you poor thing! Sounds like things really haven't been very easy for you lately. I'm so glad to hear though that all your tests came back normal, I'm sure it was a very stressful time for you. Now I can understand why you want to have the hysterectomy and move forward. And don't ever feel like you have to apologize for a long post (I think we're all guilty of that ). Sometimes it helps to get everything off your chest and you might even be surprised to see just how many women have experiences similar to yours. We're women and we're all in this together!

Just wondering if you had a chance to check out the Pre Op Hysterectomy section? It has a lot of information and helpful hints that you may find useful.

Anyway I agree, right now definitely doesn't seem to be the right time for me for a hysterectomy but I'm so glad I'm able to be here for you when you're getting ready for yours. (However insignificant that may be) And who knows? Perhaps some day soon I'll be going through it myself and you'll be able to offer me first hand advice.

All the best
Unread 08-09-2007, 01:24 PM

Ohhhh Purple Lilac your post made me tear up. It is true, we all NEED each other, in the good parts of our life and the not so good parts. Thank goodness for insurance, just the last few months of test for me had added up to $26,800.00 I printed it out then added it all up.

Yes I have been to the Pre-Op place too, I jump all around reading and reading and reading. It so nice to read all the positives. Thats what keeps me moving forward with this. My DH of 23 years is my Rock!! He supports me 100% and just want me better.

Purple Lilac!! Not insignificant at all...We have never even meet yet just knowing there are caring, loving people on this forum to help with any questions or concerns I have along the way means so very much to me, and I THANK-YOU for that!!!!!!

As the weeks get closer to my surgery date, I will probably be freaking out! I will say I'm sorry now. LOL LOL

You will know If and when it will be right for you, and I will be here to offer all the support I can.

RT66Cruiser
Unread 08-09-2007, 03:32 PM

Hi RT66Cruiser,

I know what you mean about never having personally met other hyster sisters but still feeling connected with them. Tall/short, big/small, young/old, rich/poor.....none of that matters and maybe that's why we can be so open with each other about the health problems we're dealing with. No one is here to judge us, just to offer much needed support.

I'm glad I can be of help and thank you for offering your support - I might just take you up on that some day. LOL about your apology in advance for freaking out before the surgery. I'm sure I'd be feeling the same way. Heck I'm freaking out just thinking about making the decision! And I don't have any excuses like worrying about whether my insurance will cover it like some women do. The joys of living in Canada eh? With free health care I'd never even thought of how much the tests would cost let alone the surgery or hospital stay. $26,800.00 Ouch! That is expensive, glad to hear you have coverage.

Anyway, I'm here if you need someone to talk to.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register