Full Feeling in Vagina - Is it something prolapse again? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Full Feeling in Vagina - Is it something prolapse again? Full Feeling in Vagina - Is it something prolapse again?

Unread 01-29-2011, 04:25 AM
Re: Full Feeling in Vagina - Is it something prolapse again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anne100 View Post
Hi I too had repairs and afterwards, for months, I felt the fullness and especially after a bowel movement, I was convinced it had all prolapsed again. I went to see the Gynae several times in the first year and he told me each time that it was ok. I think the nerves send us the wrong messages or something and maybe it is swelling or whatever, but don't worry - that is what my gynae told me and don't lift or push anything heavy.
Anne - I see your repairs were done separate from your hysterectomy. Where did the doctor do your incision for repairs? I've got stitches on my bottom - from my anus to my vaginal opening and they hurt more than anything. It feels like someone is pinching me hard and not letting go. Nothing seems to take the pain away! I asked the nurse about this on Friday and she couldn't give me any suggestions. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-29-2011, 07:28 AM

I had a perineum repair done with my hysterectomy and repairs and of all the pain, that pain right where yours is is the WORST!!!! it does start to subside but I don't remember the swelling going down until I switched to advil (800mg) for pain and applied a low heat heating pad. The next day was better.
Unread 01-29-2011, 08:28 AM

Ouch! My rectocele repair incisions were all inside, but I do remember the pain of an episiotomy.
I'm sorry that the nurse didn't have suggestions for you. You can buy a numbing spray called Dermoplast at the drugstore. You could check with your doctor or the pharmacist about using it.
I hope you feel better soon.
Unread 01-29-2011, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBirds View Post
Ouch! My rectocele repair incisions were all inside, but I do remember the pain of an episiotomy.
OUCH! is right! My rectocele repair incisions are inside too. I don't remember my episiotomy ever hurting this bad. Think episiotomy pain x100 and you've got perineum repair pain.

I can imagine that's she's got about the same amount of pain if her rectocele incision is in the same area.

I am SO FEELING her pain right now. UGH! It hurts to sit.

I do sit with my legs crossed because it does help ease the pressure when sitting...and well it only helps if I sit with my legs crossed one way.

As it heals, the stitches pull and it all tightens up some more and it hurts all over again just as it was getting better again.
Unread 01-29-2011, 10:25 AM

Lovebirds:
My repairs were all on the inside too for my rectocele, but I can feel the huge ridge on the inside of vagina where the stitches are and am wondering and hoping that when it's healed, that this ridge will almost disappear.
Was this similar to how you were and did the ridge disappear?
Other than this, I am so far happy with the surgery and am one of the lucky ones to have no pain at all, just a full feeling at times which goes away after sitting on couch for a few minutes.
Hope everyone else feels as good as me very soon!
Unread 01-29-2011, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by allspice View Post
Lovebirds:
My repairs were all on the inside too for my rectocele, but I can feel the huge ridge on the inside of vagina where the stitches are and am wondering and hoping that when it's healed, that this ridge will almost disappear.
Was this similar to how you were and did the ridge disappear?
I don't remember a ridge, but even after it's healed, I think my vagina feels lumpy and bumpy. My gyn said that was perfectly normal and just the way it healed. My urologist prescribed Estrace vaginal cream which I started at 3 weeks and I think it really helped with healing. When he rechecked at 7 weeks, he said that my vagina was "perfect".
You are still healing and things will feel different after the stitches are gone and the swelling goes down.
Hang in there ladies, it does get better!
Unread 01-29-2011, 02:37 PM

So the pain from the stitches got so bad today that I called the hospital and asked for the on-call doctor. My doctors partner was the one I got to talk to. He met me at the office and removed three of my stitches. It hurt so bad when he examined me - even after he applied some kind numbing cream. He gave me a prescription for some topical pain ointment, but I haven't had to use it yet. It's been about four hours and I feel almost no pain.

The doctor said that this happens because the swelling pulls the stitches so tight. He also checked me inside and said that everything is swollen, but it's fine. I feel so much better physically and mentally.

Thanks again for all of your responses. You've all made this so much easier for me.
Unread 01-29-2011, 05:32 PM

Glad you got some relief!!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register