Help - pain 2x month like clockwork | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > The Road Less Traveled

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Help - pain 2x month like clockwork Help - pain 2x month like clockwork

Unread 07-20-2007, 03:08 PM
Help - pain 2x month like clockwork

I had a complete hysterectomy and appendix out in 2002. I have severe pain on my lower right side every month around the 1st of the month and the middle of the month. It occurs at those times like clockwork. It often wakes me from a dead sleep! It feels like someone is stabbing me and doesn't quit. I can't move. It can last 30 minutes or 3 hours. My doctor says it is either endometriosis on my bowel or scar tissue. Her answer is pain medication. The problem is that I have 3 children and I can't take narcotics and drive them to school, I refuse to take the medication. I just take Motrin and pray it stops before they have to go to school. I occurs occasionally during the day, but mostly at night or early morning. Has anyone else had this kind of pain twice a month? I don't have ovaries or an appendix. I am desperate for help!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-21-2007, 04:38 PM

I had a TAH 11/2005 for a pain on my left side that also woke me from sleep. The pain went away for a short while, but it is back. Not like clockwork, just random times that I've never found a pattern to. I find myself pacing in the middle of the night trying to get it to go away. Sometimes I'll take vicodin, other times ibuprofen. I was told that it is probably adhesions (scar tissue). Problem is, the only way to get rid of adhesions is to remove them surgically, which in turn, just makes more adhesions. I'm told that this is something I'll just have to live with. Bummer for sure, but I am not having anymore surgery. I've already given up body parts trying to get rid of this pain
Unread 07-21-2007, 10:44 PM

Hi Nato

I had similar pain which was found to be adhesions anchored to more endo implants. I didn't have a clockwork pattern like you, but they were sharp stabs like you describe.

Some were just repeated knifing pains, like I'd had all my adult life with endo and adhesions~ but others were quite different - The very bad episodes limited my movement, as if something was caught and caused the stabs to be even worse when I'd try to move.
Like you, mine would be roughly 30 min-3 hrs. but then began progressing to longer. Before I decided on surgery I had an episode that lasted days.

I still have stabbing pain almost daily - and in new places - but since surgery I at least haven't any of the "appendicitis type - I can't move" attacks. (Knock on wood.)

Maybe keeping a pain diary or notes on your calendar would help your doc understand what you are dealing with. My ovaries are gone - but i wondered about the possibility of ORS (Ovarian Remnant Syndrome) since the pain I have feels just like the ovarian pain I've always known.

I hope you get things figured out and start feeling better soon.

Gentle s to you.
Beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register