surgery delayed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

surgery delayed surgery delayed

Unread 01-04-2006, 12:38 PM
surgery delayed

i was scheduled for tah on 12/2 however i failed my ekg at pre-op. i had to go to a heart doctor and get cardiovascular clearance. I got that done- heart was fine. however my surgery is now scheduled for 2/1. in the meantime i am bleeding quite heavily and passing large clots. This just started 4 days ago. before bleeding was light and spotty. I am really scared about the large clots. Has anyone else experienced this and can i wait till 2/1 without suffering health problems. My gyn is out of the country till mid jan so i dont think i will be getting surgery sooner than fed 1.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2006, 12:43 PM
surgery delayed

Does your gyn work with a group of docs? Or could you see your family dr and explain your situation? I would hate for you to go all most 4 wks uncomfortable. Hope you are feeling better and are able to be seen soon.

Kimberly
Unread 01-04-2006, 12:53 PM
surgery delayed

{{{floridaflo}}} so sorry you had to reschedule your surgery. I know that had to be hard for you. I know personally that for several months I bled very heavy and passed huge clots, yuk! I was ok until my surgery but if you are worried perhaps you could call your family dr since your gyn in unavailable. Your blood count could get low if this is something new. Good Luck to you, and remember....pamper yourself. 's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2006, 02:47 PM
You aren't alone!

floridaflo-
I hope this makes you feel better, but I have had large clots that have literally fallen out of me (sorry to be so graphic) while I was standing in the shower. It's pretty disgusting, and they finally did a D & C to get it under control. I agree with the other ladies: is your gyno in a practice with other docs that you could contact? If not, call his/her emergency number for a referral. Also, contact your primary care doc for instructions on what to do. You certainly don't want to get anemic on top of everything else.

I too failed my EKG in my pre-op and had to reschedule my surgery, so I know how that goes. The cardiologist ran all kinds of tests only to find out that my heart is quite healthy.

Hang in there!
Julie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register