5 days post hysterectomy - I think I have experienced a hot flash? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

5 days post hysterectomy - I think I have experienced a hot flash? 5 days post hysterectomy - I think I have experienced a hot flash?

Unread 05-14-2016, 09:41 PM
5 days post hysterectomy - I think I have experienced a hot flash?

Ok so last night I was on here with insomnia and anxiety and this morning I woke up ok I had finally gotten to sleep some and I felt OK most of the day the dizziness was less and I'm sure I way over did it by going out and about today I'm only 5 days post op. So I come home exhausted and decide I'm going to lay down and I fall asleep instantly and someone rings the doorbell so it wakes me up from then on I cannot go back to sleep I feel the same anxious feeling I felt last night in and out of sleep and then I get hot all of a sudden and sweaty but not drenched and my heart starts pounding. It kind of was before I felt hot but not fast just forceful. I don't know what to think because I still have both my ovaries I just don't have my tubes or my uterus. I'm very emotional right now and feeling defeated. I thought I was doing what was best for my body. If anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2016, 10:41 PM
Re: I'm back I think I have experienced a hot flash?

Your ovaries are still "sleeping" give them time to wake up.
Unread 05-14-2016, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulette Ap View Post
Your ovaries are still "sleeping" give them time to wake up.
I'm really hoping that's all it is cause the more I search for answers the more I feel horrible cause a lot of women say they still have insomnia issues 5-6 + years later. I just wish I had known this before. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-14-2016, 10:55 PM

Girl you need to rest! You just had major trauma to your body! The more you rest the quicker you will recover. I stayed on the couch under a blanket for 6 weeks with a laptop and Netflix!
Now almost 4 months out I still have those hot flashes once in awhile (usually at 6:am) But I am feeling great! And no period..woo hoo! All you are going through sounds normal and will pass even though you don't feel like it right now.
Unread 05-14-2016, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElisaChaplin View Post
Girl you need to rest! You just had major trauma to your body! The more you rest the quicker you will recover. I stayed on the couch under a blanket for 6 weeks with a laptop and Netflix!
Now almost 4 months out I still have those hot flashes once in awhile (usually at 6:am) But I am feeling great! And no period..woo hoo! All you are going through sounds normal and will pass even though you don't feel like it right now.

Thank you so much. Just comfort from other women helps tremendously. I know I way over do it. I have four kids and it's hard to just relax. I will definitely try and do less. I'm waiting to get to experience no more pain and of course no more periods!
Unread 05-14-2016, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris631 View Post
Thank you so much. Just comfort from other women helps tremendously. I know I way over do it. I have four kids and it's hard to just relax. I will definitely try and do less. I'm waiting to get to experience no more pain and of course no more periods!
That does make it harder. My daughter is 14 and was such a big help. I was so miserable after my surgery I would cry because I thought I had made a huge mistake and I would never feel right again.. But it all finally passed and I am feeling good again. You will too!
Unread 05-14-2016, 11:05 PM

Quote:
That does make it harder. My daughter is 14 and was such a big help. I was so miserable after my surgery I would cry because I thought I had made a huge mistake and I would never feel right again.. But it all finally passed and I am feeling good again. You will too!
OMG that's exactly how I'm feeling right now and my husband doesn't understand at all so I feel like such a burden. I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
Unread 05-14-2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
OMG that's exactly how I'm feeling right now and my husband doesn't understand at all so I feel like such a burden. I'm so glad I'm not the only one.
Nope. No way for men to understand what we go through. Helps if they are supportive though. I was lucky...my hubby is a natural nursemaid..lol. He says he misses me being weepy and clingy now that I'm back to my grouchy old self! Hang in there and try to enjoy some ME time!
Unread 05-14-2016, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Nope. No way for men to understand what we go through. Helps if they are supportive though. I was lucky...my hubby is a natural nursemaid..lol. He says he misses me being weepy and clingy now that I'm back to grouchy old self! Hang in there and try to enjoy some ME time!
thank you so much you have made my night a little easier
Unread 05-14-2016, 11:19 PM

Quote:
thank you so much you have made my night a little easier
You're welcome sweetie. We girls got to stick together!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register