confused | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-03-2001, 04:20 PM
confused

I haven't posted in awhile because I've been switched to another Dr. again. This one of course is the same as the rest of them. He's said that this HMO probably won't approve of a hyst. because I'm not taking my iron suppliments and I've never had a blood transfusion. Although he might be able to push it through because I have fibriods. As for me bleeding 2 to 3 weeks out of the month , he doesn't feel that it's a problem. He said that a hyst was not going to take away all my pain. I have endo, adeo, cyst, broids and Reumetrory arthris. He said that having a hyst would only take away some of my problems and tells me that I also have emotional problems as well . He gave me a prescription for Elonil. I don't even know what this stuff is. Itold him that I have been have trouble sleeping ( high temp. mostly). Iknow that I'm not sick though. Now I have to wait another 2 weeks to have another ultra sound done and then maybe the HMO will approve me. I forgot to say that it's a state funded HMO. I can't keep going from doctor to doctor with this one and I'm not sure that I can trust this one. I don't know what to do. I know that I'm not crazy but this has been going on for several years now. How can they tell you that bleeding this bad is just how my body works and to get used to it. If i'm not crazy now I will be soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-03-2001, 04:38 PM
confused

{{{Dawn}}} You really have a lot of issues to deal with

I do not have personal experience with any of your medical issues, except for the fibroids. In my case, the fibroid and the rectocele combined were enough to warrant an hyst.

I'm not a doctor, but it seems to me that even though an hyst may not solve all of your problems, it would solve at least some of them. I'm amazed that seeking another opinion is frowned upon by the HMO. After all, it's your body and your health!!!

I'm sure someone will come along soon who has more experience than I do. In the meantime, you can try doing a search on some of your symptoms and see what comes up. Maybe you'll find the answers that you need to convince your doctor that you have reached the end of your rope.

Wishing you the best of luck in your quest for answers.
Unread 07-03-2001, 05:17 PM
confused

Dear Dawn,

I feel so badly for you. I hope your doctor will try and get your hysterectomy approved by the STUPID HMO because of fibroids. Something needs to be done about the way the HMO's control what medical procedures we can or can not have. It isn't always the doctor who is to blame. Their hands are tied too.

I understand that a hysterectomy wouldn't cure your arthritis..but it certainly would help with many of your other conditions. I also have a difficult time understanding why they want you to wait until you need a transfusion...*sigh*

I pray this all gets resolved for you soon sweetie.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-04-2001, 07:26 AM
confused

Dear Dawn,

I am so sorry to hear that you have to deal with all of these dr's while at the same time you are feeling so poorly.

I had my LAVH/BSO in Nov/00 for Endo and Adeno. I also had problems with cysts, but did not have fibroids. I have tested postive for RA in the past, but negative at other times so I never began any treatment for that. I also have Fibromyalgia, which does affect the joints and muscles, and is considered by my dr., as a form of arthritis.

It is a very tough thing...I was told by my gyn that after the hyst., alot of my other problems may just disappear, because hormones can play such a big role. I think sometimes they just don't know. I can tell you that I still do have a lot of pain. I don't know if it is adhesions or if the endo has returned. I will be having a lap done July 12th. The joint pain has also continued. But it is very important to remember that we are all different. I only had long periods of bleeding a few times a year...so I can only partly understand what you are going through.

I was also told for years, that I should just get used to all of it! And I know what you mean about feeling crazy. There were times I felt like I was truly losing my mind. Pain will do that...we understand what you are going through,and know that you are not crazy.

For me the hyst took away about 25% of my problems...but hey that's better than nothing! I no longer have periods from he-double hockey sticks...and that is a very good thing. It sounds like you would be much happier, if you weren't bleeding for weeks on end.

I wish I had a magic wand that I could wave for you, and all of your troubles would vanish. If you ever want to talk, please feel free to e-mail anytime. My thoughts and prayers are with you dear....xo
Unread 07-04-2001, 07:58 AM
confused

Dawn, I don't really have any solutions to your problem, but I do live near you (in Rancho Cucamonga) and sympathize with your situation. I just had a TAH/BSO on 6/29 and I LOVE my doctors. The reasons for my hyst were not nearly as many as you have (abnormal uterine bleeding, anemia, and fibroids) and my HMO approved it with no problem. I have Healthnet. What HMO do you have? Feel free to email me directly, or, if you have AOL (or AIM), instant message me (I'm krusesj there too). Have you gone into the Hyster Sisters chatroom? That might be a big help too. There are many wonderful sisters there who might be able to offer you some valuable advice. I will keep you in my prayers and hope to hear from you soon....Sue

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register