Just Went Ballistic!!!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just Went Ballistic!!!! Just Went Ballistic!!!!

Unread 05-01-2005, 04:00 PM
Just Went Ballistic!!!!

Well I am hoping this is normal but I just had a breakdown.....a big breakdown. We just got home from a family wedding weeked in the Florida Keys was nice except I had a couple of small panic attacks well when we got home hubby said something that must of pushed my emotional button so of course I screamed a little. Well...he then had the nerve to say....are you ready for this......WELL THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN....now no where did I ever read or tell him this would be fun, he is usual so caring and takes great care of me well that comment sent me over the edge so I went into the bathroom hit the wall a few times and then pick up the scale and slamed it into the medicine cabinet mirror a few times....I then laid on the bathroom floor naked and cried for a while. I am not sure why that comment got to me maybe it was the way he said it but I told him that no having my insides cut out was not going to be FUN and having all of my hormones sucked out of me...(having ovaries taken and do not know if I can do hrt) was not going to be fun but for gods sake if I sucked all of his testoterone out in a mater of hours he wouldnt think it was fun either. He is on zoloft and that is just for normal everyday stuff which i reminded him of.....well I know it sounds silly now that I have calmed down but I did have a ballistic moment. Any one else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2005, 04:08 PM
Just Went Ballistic!!!!

Well, I haven't gone ballistic YET, but I am sure feeling like I could. Trying to stay away from the two men(DH & DS), don't want them to be subject of my ballisticism! Hopefully I can hold off if neither of them says anything STUPID to me, which at this point could be anything!

Wow, thought I was doing so well, but today's really got me puzzled!
Unread 05-01-2005, 04:15 PM
Just Went Ballistic!!!!

Silly me, I meant to say......sure hope you are feeling better, and good luck for the rest of today, and the next few days.

Take care the wait is almost over!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Just Went Ballistic!!!!

LOL I hope all goes well for you too...And you know what I thought I was doing great too until he makes those stupid comments. I am actually happy I am have the surgery but have been on Lupron for 3 months so I do have some emotional months. Just no warning for them so I cant warn him to watch out. I know he will be great after surgery if we can just get that far. Who ever would of thought the waiting would of been the worst part. Ill be praying for you as you go in a day before me.
Unread 05-01-2005, 04:20 PM
Just Went Ballistic!!!!

This really sounds awful. I felt like crying just reading your post. You don't sound like you are emotionally ready or your partner is not emotionally ready to surpport you with the surgery you are scheduled for. Have you considered postponing your surgery and using the time to get a few other opinions before embarking on the surgical route.
Unread 05-01-2005, 04:24 PM
Just Went Ballistic!!!!

I know it sounds that way pearle but I have been waiting for 3 months and I think that I am over being ready. Like I said I am on lupron so it does get me a little moody and after the long weekend...well no excuses...like I said I had a ballistic moment. But I promise I am ready and he is a great husband and very supportive just doesnt always think before he speaks. Things that wouldnt of bothered me before now do sometimes so I am confusing the heck out of him. But I am so glad I have someplace to come where people understand.
Unread 05-01-2005, 04:26 PM
Just Went Ballistic!!!!

Awwww CANESFAN,

Most of us went through a whole range of emotions before our surgery. This is a very emotional time and sometimes the men in our lives don't always understand. They want to fix everything for us right now and sometimes blurt out things that hit us wrong. I'm sure if you sat down and talked with him he would see how much you need him there for you. We sometimes take things the wrong way because our emotions/hormones can be all over the place.

Take some time for yourself before your date just for you. Have lunch with a friend, take in a movie or just have a day of pampering.

Hopefully, he will see you need him there and will come through. Best wishes and big sss

Blessings
Unread 05-01-2005, 04:33 PM
I understand exactly what you mean...

Hello,
I thought my husband was the only one to say something so stupid about upcoming surgery. (Wednesday, May 4)

I do understand why you went ballistic because I've been there, too. Some of the stupid things my husband has said to me:
'You'll be fine in a couple of days'
'You need to be home by Saturday, May 7, so that I can go turkey hunting'
'Why don't you just drive yourself to and from the hospital so I won't have to take off from work'
And my favorite so far:
'The doctor is gonna cut you open and gut you like a fish'

I'm tired of being so angry at him for being so stupid and insensitive. These men should have to go through what we've been through medically, then maybe they'd know what pain really is. Mine couldn't handle it.

Take care,
Unread 05-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Just Went Ballistic!!!!

Debbie I think there way of handling being scared about it must be humor. I was reading a post the other night about how womens tastes in food changed some after surgery. Like one not liking sweets. Well I said their taste buds had changed and his comment was
Ummm I dont think you have taste buds down there

Or when I told him most women lose weight after the surgery and he saids

Well thats because they cut out a 10 lb uterus......now I am not even having my surgery for fibrods and I am sure it doesnt weigh that much.....he was just trying to lighten the mood but I told him that was my way about bringing up the subject of some of my fears. After my ballistic moment I think he gets it a little more. I am glad I am so close and can just get my pain pump so I wont care what anyone says for a few days. Hugs to you and give that hubby of yours a slap on the back of his head for me....lol
Unread 05-01-2005, 04:55 PM
Just Went Ballistic!!!!

I understand how you feel. It's not my DH that ticks me off but my Dear Mother In Law. She has told me it's not painful, your recover in just a few days. It's nothing. I am sick of hearing that from her. I told her last night that she had 3 children and has went thru the pain or childbirth but that I had none so I've never been thru anything major with my body and that I would not be over it in a matter or days. Had to hope my tounge!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register