Should I be concerned? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Should I be concerned? Should I be concerned?

Unread 07-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Should I be concerned?

I am sitting here with my husband, watching a tv show rerun. I was about to get up to go to bed, so I took a deep breath and then experienced a GREAT deal of pain on the left side of my back. I have had to take shallow breaths to prevent the pain. My husband pushed around on my back to see if I pulled something (not sure how I could pull something, I am being very careful for my recovery!) We couldn't find any indication of pain from him pushing on my back. I can move around without pain (in my back of course... only 10 days post op)... I ONLY have the pain when I take breaths.

Should I be concerned about this? I have tried researching online if it is a problem but I am not really finding anything relevant. The few bits of information casually mention cardiac issues and pulmonary issues, but they only take one sentence to say it should be the issue. I am 10 days post-op, I had the davinci surgery, I am 26 years old... and this sudden pain is scaring me. I always second guess myself and try to stay level headed... but this is a concern.

What do you guys think? Many of you seem to be experts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Re: Should I be concerned?

The worry is that it could be a blood clot in the lung, which is very serious. So I'd call the Dr right away and check it out. You don't want to take chances with it. Maybe it's something else but in this case you don't want to wait and see what happens. Let us know what the Dr says.
Unread 07-25-2011, 08:23 AM

Also have you been doing walking and breathing excercises? It could also be pneumonia. Are you running a fever? Call the doctor if the pain doesn't subside. Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2011, 08:59 AM

I had a friend who had a rib pop out of place, and her symptoms were the same as yours. Whatever the case, definitely call the DR!
Unread 07-25-2011, 10:35 AM

After about an hour last night, the pain went away. I woke up this morning with some pretty bad heartburn/acid reflux. Maybe that is what it was last night but just appearing in a different form? I am not sure... I don't have a fever. I was concerned about the possibility of a PE but when the pain faded and I could breath better it wasn't as much of a concern anymore.

I have been walking around as much as I can, probably not as much as I should - but with my kids, if I walk around when they are awake (my mom watches them here at my house) then they expect that I am well enough to play with them. They are very young, 3 and 20 months, so they don't totally understand when I tell them I can't play even though I can walk around. That makes it hard for me to walk as much as I would like, but I do make a point to move around, especially during nap time! haha

Thank you for all your responses! It means alot to me!
Unread 07-25-2011, 11:43 AM

I am so glad you are feeling better! I know how walking and recovering can be tough when you have little ones, but it sounds like you are doing a good job of juggling. Take care!
Unread 07-25-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisakvan View Post
I am so glad you are feeling better! I know how walking and recovering can be tough when you have little ones, but it sounds like you are doing a good job of juggling. Take care!
Thanks! I appricate the responses... if i got these last night while I was hurting we may have called and woken my mom up to watch the boys while we went to the hospital. haha

I am glad I feel better... it is always scary when things like that happen after surgery... you just never know exactly what to do! I wish I had my own body scanner to check for all of those things to know if I need to go to the hospital.. wouldnt that be nice!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register