Anticipating Castle tomorrow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anticipating Castle tomorrow Anticipating Castle tomorrow

Unread 06-13-2003, 09:13 AM
Anticipating Castle tomorrow

Today's my last day as a "whole woman"... keep thinking of every task as a "last time I'll do this... " in the same way... hope the surgery gets rid of the backache I've had for the past 3 months! If they'd only throw in a tummy tuck at the same time it would be worth it! Don't have a special pillow... will a toss pillow work? This all came about so quickly I didn't have time to order anything! I have 3 flights of stairs in my house... I can bypass one flight to get in the house by walking up a slight hill instead.. is this going to be a problem when I get home? I can guarantee that DH is not going to be able to "carry me over the threshold"!! I have a new recliner sofa in the living room that I intend to inhabit for several weeks... it's on the same level as the kitchen with a half bath. Also have a sleep sofa there if I feel like lying down, but the recliner is soooo comfy I think I'll like it better. Not looking foward to the "bowel prep" -- I'm taking "citrate of magnesia" -- is that what people refer to as "golightly"?? Also have to do a fleet enema in the morning. I don't think my surgery will be till afternoon as DR has another scheduled ahead of me. Did all other prep stuff the day of my consult, but didn't talk with anesthesiologist yet. Hospital is more than an hour's drive away and I have to be there at 8 a.m. Fortunately DR has three times been named one of the ten best in the country! Emotions on edge... easily teary but haven't yet had a "meltdown" -- could easily happen sometime today. Thanks for your good thoughts! Will try to post soon after I return home. Don't have a crown... will one from McDonalds do??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-13-2003, 09:34 AM
Anticipating Castle tomorrow

(((((((((((inkerdoodler)))))))))))),

Best wishes for a great surgery and recovery.

As for the stairs just climb them 1 step at a time kinda sideways. Have somebody behind you should you need help. Once in the house stay put for a couple weeks ,but do short frequent walks.I walked up and down my hall I don't know how many times !!!

We who have had hysts are still *all woman*

Best wishes,

Pamcat
Unread 06-16-2003, 08:56 AM
all done?

Inkerdoodler,
Well its over, hope things went smoothly and that you are on the road to recovery now.
Plant yourself in that recliner and enjoy. We went out the day before Father's Day and bought my husband a recliner but you gotta know I had ulterior motives and plan to use it extensively after my surgery so that I'm not tied to the bed after the first few days.
As for the crown, sure sounds like a winner to me!
Take it slow and easy on those steps, Pamcat is right, sideways works good. There is no reason to hurry and you need stay put and let yourself be pampered while you have the opportunity.
Rest and recover

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register