hot flashes | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 09-28-2006, 08:09 AM
hot flashes

i am scheduled for my total abdominal hysterectomy on october 9 and have been having a dramatic increase in hot flashes. any suggestions on what to do? thanks so much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2006, 08:15 AM
hot flashes

Phone your doc and see what they say.
Maybe they will give you somethign to help with it if it is hormone related and if not, you should have it checked out to be sure it is not an infection or something (if it is - you have enough time to take some antibiotics)
....seems lots of us get sick right before surgery -- must be the stress of it all
Hope you feel better soon.
CindyGrinz
Unread 09-28-2006, 08:24 AM
hot flashes

thanks so much for your reply. . your do have a good point... stress can do a lot. thinks i will go for a long walk and house clean. the best stress reduction i can think of.

wishing you the the best on your surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-28-2006, 12:29 PM
hot flashes

Just wanted to say that I always noticed less intense hot flashes when I stuck to a regular exercise schedule, before surgery. I only used an over-the-counter vitamin/herb supplement to help with symptoms (didn't get from doctor). I'm happy to say that 9 weeks post-hyst, the frequency and intensity is way down... but I also went through natural menopause in the months leading up to surgery. Now only using another vitamin/herb supplement instead of hormones. But your doctor may have something that will help while you're waiting.
Unread 09-28-2006, 03:15 PM
hot flashes

yes thanks i noticed that regualar exerize and keeping my self hydrated helps. i am also going thru natural menapause. great to hear that after the surgery there is a chance for reducing the symptoms. gives me a more positive attitude. i have been looking into the natural supplements are you using the black cohash or soy or the combination of the two??
thanks so much for your support
Unread 09-28-2006, 10:01 PM
hot flashes

I really like the vitamin products made by Andrew Lessman. Along with regular multi-vitamins and calcium, before surgery I took Women's Wellness which I ordered from HSN... it has soy and vitamins, etc. Post-op I discovered he has a formula called Positive Passage that's sold on his website. I started taking one a day about 3 weeks post-op. I just increased to 2 a day this week and I think I'm noticing fewer hot flashes and no night sweats this week! The Positive passage has black cohosh, dong quai, soy, chasteberry, b6, b12, etc. The company is Pro-Caps laboratories. Just for the record, I did not get a recommendation from my doctor for these. I just found them on my own... and decided to try them in hopes of finding an alternative to hormones.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register