Orgasm Question and Ovary Question | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Orgasm Question and Ovary Question Orgasm Question and Ovary Question

Unread 05-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Orgasm Question and Ovary Question

Hi - I had a TVH (kept ovaries) on April 22nd.

Some of you talk about uterine orgasms and clitoral orgasms, I guess I thought an orgasm was an orgasm; I didn't know there was a difference. I usually experienced an orgasm during sex, but heck if I know what kind it was; I just know I liked it! (lol). Can someone tell me what the difference is?

Next question - How do you know your ovaries are "asleep" or when they "wake up". I kept both ovaries. I haven't felt anything different since my surgery. I haven't experienced hot flashes, mood swings nothing; does that mean mine weren't working to begin with?

Please educate me - Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2009, 12:47 AM
Re: Orgasm Question and Ovary Question

Apple 1207,

I can't tell you about the difference in the "types" of orgasms, As I have your general feel good one and the all inclusive whole body ones too. They can happen with both clitoral and internal stimulation for me. So I am not sure, I do know that I have had both recently (just cleared for the fun stuff)

As far as knowing when your ovaries are asleep or awake,

If you don't feel any different than you did before the surgery it more than likely means that they didn't go to sleep. Especially if you are not having any hot flashes or mood swings. These symptoms generally mean they are not functioning as yet.

It sound to me that yours are doing what mine did and didn't miss a beat.

Hope this helps.

Marty
Unread 05-18-2009, 03:33 PM

I think with a uterine orgasm, what they are talking about is when your uterous spasms with intensity. Don't quote me on that though, but that is my description of it. I was so worried I would not feel those intense feelings anymore without my uterous, and I am so happy to report that they are almost exactly the same! I would not worry if I were you!
I was always able to feel my ovaries due to cysts and another surgery, but I was told that the ovaries would continue to work after the surgery, I would say you probably just can't feel them. You are lucky that you are not experiencing any hot flashes etc. I was told that menopause can start sometimes 5 years after surgery. Who knows?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2009, 03:42 PM

I have to admit I was confused about the different types of orgasms too. I am happy to say that if there is a difference I don't feel it.
Unread 05-18-2009, 03:52 PM

Ok- so happy I found this post, I have been so worried about being able to enjoy sex again, I have heard so many different things its crazy. I am in my early 30's so the last thing i want is to end my sex life- I am only two weeks post op TAH, so I have a ways to go( do we really have to wait six weeks :}) I am so worried that with only one ovary left I amso scared that I won't be able to enjoy sex again and im with most of my fellow hystersisters- an orgasism is an orgasim,as long as I have on again Im good

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register