Upcoming hysterectomy 4/29: (Talk abt preg/kids) Retroverted/flexed Uterus w/ suspected endometriosis & adenomyosis | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Upcoming hysterectomy 4/29: (Talk abt preg/kids) Retroverted/flexed Uterus w/ suspected endometriosis & adenomyosis Upcoming hysterectomy 4/29: (Talk abt preg/kids) Retroverted/flexed Uterus w/ suspected endometriosis & adenomyosis

Unread 04-07-2017, 11:06 AM
Upcoming hysterectomy 4/29: (Talk abt preg/kids) Retroverted/flexed Uterus w/ suspected endometriosis & adenomyosis

Hi!

My story is very long but here's the bare bones:

Started menses at 12y10mo. Was very irregular. By 15, started keeping track b/c I never knew when I was going to start- would have 2 in one month, skip 3 months, etc. SUPER painful, "my-insides-are-falling-out-of-me" cramps for entire 6-7 day (heavy) period. By the time I was 18, I was pretty sure I had endometriosis. I started on the pill and remained on it until I was 30 & decided it was time for a baby.

Waited 3 months to get hormones out of my system and got pregnant one month after that- unfortunately, it was a blighted ovum and had to have DNC. I thought the m/c was the reason for my depression, but I came to realize later that it started earlier- it started when I got pregnant....

Waited to try again for a while and, when I was ready again, got pregnant quickly- nearly exactly 1 year later. Found out I had a "tipped" uterus. Had horrendous pre-partum depression, though I didn't know that was a "thing" at that time. Had to have a c-section and then suffered awful post-partum depression and anxiety.

Got pregnant again when my baby was about 10 months old. Again suffered pre-partum depression. Had another c-section, and again postpartum depression. But, this time I got treated- glory hallelujah!

I had decided to never go back on hormones (The Pill) once we started having babies b/c I was on them for so long and b/c I knew I was so sensitive to them, so, once I weaned my second baby, it was the first time since I was 18 that I didn't have any hormonal additive coursing through my body. And it was HELL.

I had THE WORST PMDD and got back on antidepressants and yet still, every hormonal peak would send me to the edges of despair. (I wish I was exaggerating.)

The only good thing, actually, was that I was finally regular in my cycles. (!!)

This meant that I could warn my husband when the "good" week was going to fall. One week out of three that was pain free and/or mentally stable. This was not a way to live!

Nov. 2015 finally got a sonogram that confirmed polycystic ovaries. HOWEVER. I did not/do not have any other symptoms of PCOS, so I do not have the syndrome. Just painful, polycystic ovaries.

My Dr put me on a progesterone only "mini-pill." I lasted 4 months b/c I bled 3 out of those 4 months. AAAAAAGH!!!

I got off of that Jan 2016- a little over a year ago.

In this last year, my moods have been more stable (got my meds down, coupled with monthly acupuncture, which I HIGHLY recommend!) However, my hormonal peak times (ovulation and menses) have gotten worse and worse each month.

"Ovulation" starts around day 7/8 I get bloated, my ovaries start hurting, my back hurts, I get a fullness in my abdomen, my upper thighs and hips hurt.....it gets worse and worse.....I get horrible abdominal pains, nausea, bowel pains, intense indigestion and nausea, a feeling like someone is standing on all my internal organs.....and then I ovulate....

Things slowly abate by day 17 or so....then, day 21 rolls around and my uterus starts gearing up.... I still get ovarian pains...and cramps....and bloating.....day 26/27, INTENSE migraine, cramping....spotting.....(this is all new within the last 3-4 months)....then day 28/29, FULL BLOWN PERIOD....cramps, exhaustion, etc. Day 2- 6.....spotting....?

I got an MRI a few weeks ago and met w/a gynecologist who dx me with both endometriosis and adenomyosis, along with my retroverted and (thanks to the endometriosis!) retroflexed uterus.

Y'all. I am done. DONE.

My husband has had a vasectomy. My uterus has caused me nothing but misery since I was a teen. I've got my 2 beautiful kids and I KNOW I do NOT want any more (my psychological health alone cannot handle it!)

SOOOOO. I have scheduled a laparoscopic partial hysterectomy (uterus only (OH YEAH! Turns out my ovaries are now fine- no more cysts! CRAZY!!!!) for April 29. I'm only 37, so this is.....weird.... But, man. I'm tired of all the pain and misery! I so can't wait for menopause, too!

I am......I don't even know. Excited....nervous.....anxious..... ? EEEEEEP!!!!!!!

I just finished my last ever period and I'm just now realizing how strange that is....25 years of "my friend" and now.....pooof! No more....

I just hope and pray everything goes well for my surgery.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-08-2017, 06:02 AM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 4/29: (Talk abt preg/kids) Retroverted/flexed Uterus w/ suspected endometriosis & adenomyosis

You've had quite a ride.. I sure hope this fixes everything for you

I'm excited for my surgery, too!!
Unread 04-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Re: Upcoming hysterectomy 4/29: (Talk abt preg/kids) Retroverted/flexed Uterus w/ suspected endometriosis & adenomyosis

Thank you!

I hope all goes well for you and your surgery- no complications and a speedy recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register