Newbie popping in to say "hi"! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Newbie popping in to say "hi"! Newbie popping in to say "hi"!

Unread 08-31-2002, 12:08 AM
Newbie popping in to say "hi"!

Hi,

Just found this site! I'm 32 and have been diagnosed with very large uterine fibroids. I have sifted through my limited options for treatment and decided that I'm going to go with my doctor's recommendation of a supracervical hysterectomy most likely in January 2003. No actual date set yet. I just started Lupron and while I know I need it I hate it! I'm nauseated, headachy and very emotional, I don't know how I'm going to handle 3 more months of it!

I'm feeling relieved on one hand because I've made a decision but I'm also very nervous about having open abdominal surgery. I had my gallbladder out 10 yrs ago and the experience was a total nightmare. Poor pain control, crappy hospital care etc. I'm going to a different hospital, one that I like but I'm still jumpy. I'm feeling quite alone right now as I'm young and none of my friends can understand what I'm going through and many people are uncomfortable with the topic and really don't want to hear it anyway. That's why I'm so glad I found this site. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Jen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-31-2002, 12:23 AM
Newbie popping in to say "hi"!

Hi Jen! Welcome to HysterSisters. We're glad you found us, too. You will meet lots of great ladies here, some your age and even much younger! We all share hugs and experiences and try to help each other through this surgery and recovery.

I know what you mean about friends not understanding...none of mine did either. Well, you'll make a whole bunch of friends here who will understand!

I'm hoping you'll get much better treatment during your hospital stay with this surgery than you did when you had your gallbladder surgery. Don't be shy about asking for pain meds, and it might help to have someone with you during the day to help you get the nurses' attention when you need it.

You're lucky you found this site before your surgery. You have time to ask questions, read stories of other ladies who've had similar surgeries to yours, and even start to learn about your options in terms of hormone replacement. Also, if you do a search on this site for "Lupron" you will find there are a lot of sisters here who can relate to what you're dealing with right now.

Thanks for taking the time to introduce yourself, it's great to meet you!

s,
-Linda
Unread 08-31-2002, 12:27 AM
welcome

Hi, and Welcome, to this wonderful site!

This is a great place to prepare for surgery and find support when you have concerns. I just cannot express how much gratitude I feel having found hystersisters before my surgery. My surgery was in May and I am still here loving every bit of it. The ladies here have been a lifesaver every step of the way.

My advice would be to read as much as you can and feel free to post any questions you have as you wait for that big day. Also you are welcome to join us in the chatroom anytime.

Warm Wishes,

Lynn/Cappy in Chat

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register