anybody bled after hyster? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

anybody bled after hyster? anybody bled after hyster?

Unread 07-22-2010, 07:38 PM
anybody bled after hyster?

it been almost 2wks and I did not see a drop a blood until today is there something wrong with me has anybody had this same problem and can I plz get some advice thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-22-2010, 08:19 PM
Re: anybody bled after hyster?

Tamikaallen -

Sorry to hear you area concerned about this.

The question is how much bleeding is going on? Are you filling a pad in an hour or less? Or is it spotting?

If you are bleeding heavily or even if you are concerned call your Dr.!

I had some bleeding when I popped a stitch. It was sort of like when I would first start my period. I called the Dr., he recommended lying down with my feet propped up. I did that and things settled down.

I hope this helps.

G.
Unread 07-22-2010, 08:29 PM

Yes. I didn't see anything for two weeks and on the day of my two-week follow up (two weeks and two days) I started to spot. Pink and very light. The doctor gave me a treatment (Monsel's) to stop the spotting, but I kept spotting. At my six week check up, I was still spotting. She said it wasn't unusual, but was surprised that I still had some stitches that hadn't dissolved. That was July 16th. I had brown spotting and saw evidence of stiches when I wiped for three days. Still spotting slightly, but it's only first thing in the morning, then nothing the rest of the day. She cleared me for all activities except sex. I go back to her on Augus 2.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-23-2010, 07:33 AM

Yes, a few weeks after my 2008 surgery I bled enough to go buy a pad so I could walk around. It cleared up within a couple of days. I agree with Tauruslady, though. If it's heavy duty call the doc.

You don't want to ignore stuff that worries you!
Unread 07-23-2010, 07:59 AM

I'm a week post op and started bleeding lightly yesterday. My doc says it is normal but if it starts to smell or continues for more than a week then to go see them.
K
Unread 07-23-2010, 08:14 AM

Hi im 3 weeks post op and i had no bleeding up until last week and then i started to get a pink/brown discharge and it hasnt stopped yet but im not worrying too much as reading posts on here it seems it is quite normal. im just going to sit tight and wait for it to stop but if it gets heavy or red i will see my GP

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register