Feeling naked | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Feeling naked Feeling naked

Unread 01-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Feeling naked

Just removed all my toenail and nail polish in preparation for my big trip to the castle on Tuesday. I hate this!! When I have to remove my jewelry and not wear any makeup OMG! I don't know if I will be able to leave the house!!
Do you think the OR nurses would mind if I asked them to paint my toenails before they send me to recovery??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 06:07 PM
Feeling naked

I was able to wear socks into the OR, so I left my toenail polish on. I totally understand the no makeup thing...........oy!

Before they took me from preop to the OR the OR nurse put one of their cute little hats on and told me that I couldn't look prettier than they did..... I told her no worries, at least you still have makeup on!

When I woke up in recovery, my hair, nails and makeup was furthest from my mind. They are used to seeing people this way, unfortunately, it's our comfort zone that is disrupted!
I wish you the best for this week and for a speedy, yet restful recovery!
Unread 01-27-2008, 06:28 PM
Feeling naked

i've never had to have "naked toes" for any surgery. And i am a BIG gotta wear socks when i am cold, so bet ya I will have socks on!
AND i am going for a manicure & pedicure saturday (just no polish on fingers) before my surgery!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Feeling naked

Hi Tara,

I am never without my toes painted so I asked Mr Dr about toenail polish. She said that my hands had to be polish free but I could keep the toes painted. Maybe you can ask if you can keep that one luxury!
Unread 01-27-2008, 07:14 PM
Feeling naked

I was told I just could not have finger nail polish on. And the no make-up thing, I'm ignoring. I won't wear foundation or blush because I know they need to check your color, but I am definitely wearing eye make-up. I haven't left my house since I was 12 years old with out it. I have had a few other surgeries in the past and no one said anything about it.
Unread 01-27-2008, 07:37 PM
Feeling naked

I guess "fake-bake" is out of the question too. I use the Dove moisterizer with color in it for my face.
Unread 01-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Feeling naked

I was able to keep my toes polished, which made me happy. I'm planning on a little powder and mascara in the AM. Nothing heavy, just enough to be comfortable. I'm packing some too....I've got to do SOMETHING to feel human in the hospital!
Unread 01-27-2008, 08:15 PM
Feeling naked

I snuck some eyeliner and light mascara and eyebrow pencil on before my surgery and nobody said anything!
Unread 01-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Feeling naked

I guess all hospitals are different because I have acrylic over my nails (not tips). I got a fill-in and designs on all ten and I had my toes dressed up for the occasion. Amazing the differences.
Unread 01-27-2008, 10:15 PM
Feeling naked

I am on my way to the castle in less than 6 hours. Went today to have a mani & pedi. Just put clear on my fingernails. Thought it would make me relax instead of being stressed out all day today. It worked up until about an hour ago.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register