TAH feeling sorry for myself & guilty! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

feeling sorry for myself & guilty! feeling sorry for myself & guilty!

Unread 03-18-2012, 03:01 PM
feeling sorry for myself & guilty!

Hi all, had my TAH on 14th march for large fibroid, 7 month pregnancy size. Blood pressure plummeted through op & needed blood transfusion. Now home & absolutely shattered, feel guilty hubby doing everything with kids helping, i thought at least i would be able to walk around more than i can but have spent day in bed sleeping. On tramadol for pain & topping up with ibuprofen, guess i am just feeling sorry for myself hopefully this will pass, thanks for reading & speedy recovery to you all xx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2012, 03:04 PM
Re: feeling sorry for myself & guilty!

Girl, you need to stay in bed for at least a week. And then after that, walk to the couch or your recliner and stay there for the next week! Hubby and the kids can hold down the fort while you heal. Take Care!
Unread 03-18-2012, 03:20 PM

Thank u for quick reply, really appreciated, a week in bed what a thought but i guess my body needs the rest or i wouldnt be sleeping, thanks for your kindness x
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2012, 03:37 PM

The pain and fatigue you feel are normal. I hardly got out of bed for the first week. Just having a shower or walking to the kitchen for a glass of water wore me out for hours. Please stop feeling guilty. The world will keep spinning while you rest. Your body has been through a lot and it takes time to heal. A couple weeks downtime is nothing in the scheme of things, and just think how much your family will appreciate you when you're better!
Unread 03-18-2012, 03:39 PM

Will do, thank u so much x
Unread 03-18-2012, 06:55 PM

I had a TAH almost 4 weeks ago. The first week I was in the hospital, then home to my bed. The second week, still in bed except the occasional trip to the kitchen for water. Week 3 was bed then couch then back to bed. This last week has been mostly couch or recliner, but that is about it. I have made it outside to get some fresh air, but only out on the porch. I have 4 little kids and a husband who works full time nights and is going to school as well. I can definitely relate about the GUILT! However, I read on here somewhere that we as women are always so busy caring for others. This is our turn to care for ourselves. You only get one chance to recover correctly. (read that too on here)
Hang in there, don't try to rush your recovery, and try really hard to not be too hard on yourself.
Unread 03-18-2012, 07:12 PM

Week 1 was the hardest to stay down, I felt so useless but so tired. My Dr said your body needs rest to heal and if your tired, take a nap
Unread 03-18-2012, 08:05 PM

And stay in your pajamas for at least two weeks. That reminds others (and yourself), that you are healing and needing much rest.
Unread 04-11-2012, 08:09 AM

I know the feeling. Thanks for your husband and kids helping. Remember to tell them that even when it looks like a long time, you will be fine soon and remind them how much you appreciate what they do for you but accept it. You need it now to be able to continue being a great mom and wife later.

I had a laparoscopic robotic surgery and also kept my ovaries. Overall I am feeling well. Tomorrow is my 3 week anniversary. I'm going back to work next Monday. I decided to rest the rest of this week and crazy me: I'm feeling guilty because my boss has been insinuating I should have gone back today.
Reading your comments I feel better knowing I did the best thing for me.
Unread 04-11-2012, 11:48 AM

Oh sweetie! Give yourself a break! You have had a huge surgery! And recovery is a bear sometimes! Consider yourself blessed to have good help from people who love you! Let them take care of things for you and you rest rest rest!

It took me much longer than I anticipated to recover, but I finally have! Hang in there! IT will get better!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register