TVH Going to post op appointment today | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Going to post op appointment today Going to post op appointment today

Unread 04-11-2012, 08:55 AM
Going to post op appointment today

Surgery was two weeks ago today, and I have my first post op appointment.
I plan to ask my doctor why he didn't do the anterior and posterior repairs he was supposed to do. And why he didn't bother to tell me that he didn't do them!

I know I will need more surgery now, because my vagina is full of my bladder and my rectum. What about the nothing in the vagina rule during recovery?

Also, I want to let him know that I was really upset that he gave zero discharge instructions. I just don't know how confrontational I want to be while I am still healing and may still need him!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 09:29 AM
Re: Going to post op appointment today

so sorry to hear about all that chic hope u can get it all fixed right the next time
Unread 04-11-2012, 09:36 AM

Sorry that you have to go through that, I hope he has some answers for you. Best wishes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2012, 02:55 PM

So he said that he didn't think the prolapse was bad enough for surgery yet. Easy for him to say, it isn't his body. It seems like it would have been better to fix it all at once, since he believes it will need surgery soon.
He claims he gave the nurse his discharge instructions, but I don't think I believe him, she was pretty upset that he left nothing and even went on the internet to see what she could find for me.
Unread 04-11-2012, 05:26 PM

Did he say what you see in your vagina is indeed your bladder and rectum? We've chatted on here before. My doctor did my anterior repair but decided not to do posterior...said the same thing about it not being as bad as what was originally thought. My doctor, also, NEVER told me--I actually asked her because I thought my stitches were going to burst open because I was so constipated with a rock hard rectocele bulging into my vagina. Can't believe she said it didn't need to be done just a few days prior.
Unread 04-11-2012, 06:02 PM

Yes. Prior to the surgery, when I first went to my family doctor and the surgeon and I told them that my uterus was prolapsed into my vagina, they both tried to tell me it was not my uterus, but my bladder. I told them it was both.
After painful exams, tugging on my cervix, they believed me. As I waited for sugery, my rectum began to bulge into my vagina as well.
Today he checked because I complained about him not doing the repairs, and he pushed on both, and told me that although surgery will be needed, he didn't think it was required yet. I guess I am thinking I am already going through this, why not do it now, before it gets worse?
Of course, it doesn't look as bad when I am laying down as it does when I am standing, but I mentioned that as well and he said he knows but still doesn't think it is too bad.
When standing, if I try to look in my vagina all I see is my bladder. If I try to move it a bit, I see my rectum.

I am frustrated, but almost ready to give up on caring about that part of my body!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register