How long after the decision is made? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

How long after the decision is made? How long after the decision is made?

Unread 05-25-2013, 07:21 AM
How long after the decision is made?

This past Wednesday, I discovered I have 4 large fibroids...the ob/gyn and I have decided hyster will be what is performed. He will be doing a Lap assisted hyster...once the decision is made how long on average does it take to get an appointment to do this.....I want these things OUT!

I am so tired of feeling bad!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Re: How long after the decision is made?

hi there!

My gyno & I discussed the LAVH on a Wednesday & her scheduler called me the next day with dates. I could have chosen the following week to go in but I decided to give myself at least a month so that I could prepare for the surgery.

I guess it all depends on your doc & their schedule. Just be sure to have some dates in mind when they call!!
Unread 05-25-2013, 10:00 AM

Hi Amrayne, it depends on your doctor's schedule. I had my initial appointment when i decided to have surgery in feb last yr and had it done the next month. I took her first available date. Didn't want to choose a date further out because it would have given me too much time to change my mind.
My surgery improved my quality of life tremendously. I'm so glad that I had it done.
Prayerfully you'll get an early date.

((HUGS))
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-25-2013, 10:27 AM

I saw my doctor on Tuesday, April 30th. He does surgeries on Thursdays. They let me request a couple of dates. I got my first choice, May 16th.

Over the weekend, my pain increased significantly. I saw him again on the 7th, and he was willing to move it up as an emergency. It wasn't the right choice for me, but I appreciated his willingness to help me. I'm so glad I didn't have to wait long - I would have gone nuts!
Unread 05-26-2013, 10:33 AM

Mine is going to be 3 weeks after the decision was made, so not a long time, but also at least a little bit of time to plan and prepare (hopefully).
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:05 PM

I made the appointment for five weeks out at the time the decision was made. I could have gone as early as a week out, but there were too many things that needed to be done first. I'm two weeks out now and my nerves have calmed down and I'm just ready to get it done. Good luck to you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register