So Angry | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-23-2004, 08:37 PM
So Angry

Hi there

By now most of you have read that my surgery for tomorrow was cancelled until sometime in July either the 15th or the 20th because I have a cold due to inconciderate co workers.

I am wondering now will I need radiation as the cancer is now in side of me another MONTH? I wonder if the tumor on my kidney is growin larger and will more of the kidney have to be removed? I am angry that I have to take all those pre op test again!

I am wondering at all this anger inside of me, how is this effecting myself. I cannot let go of it, it only gets worse with each passing hour I want to hurt the co workers who did this so inconsiderately.

I am angry that all I hear is that it happens for a reason.
Baloney.....

Can someone tell me Please how do I rid myself of this anger?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2004, 08:50 PM
So Angry

Loraine,
sorry you are feeling so mad, but anger is a good thing too!
Cant help with your other questions but may I suggest going to a gym with a boxing bag & beat the crap out of it, usually works for me!!! (LOL) So much so I bought one!!
Take care & remember it is really not that far away, time will be gone real quick. Have a nice bubble bath too!
Cheers Lorraine
Unread 06-23-2004, 08:56 PM
((((((hugs))))))

hi loraine,
I was dealing with a lot of anger stress and depression because for the past year every time I turned around they were finding something else wrong with me. I went to a therapist and it helped a lot. Just to have someone to sound off to. The anger can definatly affect you. My memory sucked and I was depressed all the time. Until I am better I am on dresyel, a antidepressent and xanax a anti anyxity. I only take 1 at bedtime. It seems to keep me on a even keel. I just want to let you know I am here for you. good luck I hope things get better for you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-23-2004, 09:22 PM
So Angry

I never have understood people that knowingly go to work sick. I used to work at a tax firm and one of the accountants came in saying how sick her daughter was with strep throat and how she herself thought she was getting it....I was like GO HOME!!! She didn't said she'd never missed a day of work. Well pfft there was anpther elderly gentleman in the office that ended up in the hospital for weeks with the stuff and I ended up in the same hospital and in ICU for 4 days. All because she didnt want to tarnish her perfect attendance.

At my last job I told everybody if anyone in your family gets strep call me I will cover your shift owrk 12 hours whatever I have to do just do NOT come in. Didn't work someone brought a nasty URI to work and it hit every one of us.

You nay want to ask your doc for something for your anxiety. I know I would. Cancer is a scary thing to deal with and waiting is awful. Extended waiting is torture.

Amy
Unread 06-24-2004, 01:44 AM
So Angry

Loraine ,

I'm more than sorry that you got the "raw end" of this deal.

But- rather than entertaining the wrong types of wishes -after all, you are far too smart and kind to ever hurt a soul, right? Why not fill this time with constructive things. Like reading up on ways to build up your strength for your journey ahead. Perhaps seek out therapeutic techniques like Yoga, Music, Cooking or Gardening.

Set your attitude on positive and forget about inconsiderate people, there's nothing we can do about them; but we can look past them and take care of ourselves. s

Take Care Sis.
Much Love,
AnnieWoof
Unread 06-24-2004, 03:07 AM
So Angry

Hi,

It is my understanding that cancer grows and spreads quite slowly. I think if your doctors thought yours was so aggressive that waiting a little would make a difference, they would go ahead anyway. Waiting is so awful, my heart goes out to you.

xxx
Unread 06-24-2004, 04:54 AM
thank you so angry

Thank you all for your kind posts, I was just telling DH that I do not like the person I am when I am angry. I become vindictive and that is NOT who I am. My DH does not know what to do for me as I am truly unconsolable over this. He does not realize the tension I am under, how hard it is to keep a happy face on.

I have decided that I am taking off the week before to take care of myself. Now I just need a firm date. So I can resehedule the pre test and the cerifications....

Thank you all again

Loraine

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register