hair loss? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-01-2005, 08:45 AM
hair loss?

I was just wondering if anyone else is losing or have lost hair. I had a TAH on March 16th and have been losing lots of hair. I don't know anyone else that has had a hysterectomy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Will it stop eventually?
Thanks.
Starvoula
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2005, 08:49 AM
hair loss?

My TAH was on the 10 Feb. I lost hair quite a bit prior to my hysterectomy and am still losing it so I'm not sure if TAH has anything to do with it. We have two cocker spaniel dogs and my husband reckons the hair we brush up is mostly mine. Fortunately, even though I lose loads my hair never seems to look any thinner.

Hope you stop losing yours very soon.

Take Care.

Jess Two:hair:
Unread 07-01-2005, 08:54 AM
hair loss?

I noticed a lot more hair fell out mid-cycle. I think it is hormon related! Your hormones may still be out of whack. I haven't noticed it after my hyster, but am only 3 wks out...

I hope the grey falls out!
L

TAH 6/9/05 for endo, adeno, and excessive bleeding
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-01-2005, 09:27 AM
hair loss?

I'm just like [b]jess two/B] .. I started losing a lot of hair well before my operation (perhaps up to a year before?). And I'm still losing it at the same rate. I have to clean the shower drain every time I shower, and the bathroom floor needs sweeping on a daily basis!

But thankfully, it doesn't seem like my hair is getting thinner -- can't figure that out.
Unread 07-01-2005, 02:05 PM
hair loss?

Hi,

I had hair loss for up to 6 months after my surgery. I never got bald, or had bald spots, just a lot of shedding all the time :hair:. It drove me crazy with worry. I ended up asking my gyn what was going on and he said it is hormonal and it is a disruption of hormones, like the balance or loss, etc. I was on hrt during this 6 month shedding marathon so it took that long for things to get right.

While I was going through this I started taking fish oil tablets, good multivitamin and calcium. I also bought a nutritional shampoo and conditioner by Nioxxin. I think it helped feel and look better. I especially liked the tingly feeling of the conditioner.

It may take time for this all to settle. My dr did say if it doesn't stop by 6 months, see a Dermatologist and they run some detailed hormone test to fix it.

I hope yours will stop shedding as well and sooner than what mine did. Oh, and anytime since my surgery if I change or stop my hrt I start the shedding and then it stops after a couple of months.

s
Unread 08-02-2005, 09:56 PM
Hair Loss?

I too have noticed hair loss but I am 14 months post -op. I was first on Vivelle patch and have weaned myself
off as I was noticing pain and lumps in my breast. A quick mammogram confirmed no worries for now. With history of mom and both aunt's having breast cancer I have decided no more estrogen for me. I tried Progestrone but my doctor said this too is proving to have cancer receptors! Can't seem to win!
I am hoping the hair loss is a temporary thing. I can handle the hot flashes with drink really cold water really quickly, but the hair loss seems worse. Hopefully someone out there has a similar situation and can give us some good advise. Had testing done and everything is normal with the thyroid and all, so am at a loss...literally.
Unread 08-04-2005, 04:41 AM
hair loss?

Hi Ladies, I had my TAH on 5/25/05, and as of yet have had no problem with hairloss, but I am a Cosmetologist and know that many things can cause hairloss "alopecia". Aenestecia "please excuse my spelling" is a major culprit, along with hormone deficiency, high blood pressure medications, thyroid problems and heredity. There are products out there that can help to impede the process, make your hair stronger, possibly slow the process down. One such product that we use with some success is called "phine" by Joico. Ask your hairstylist if they can get you a product such as this, what it does it basically removes impuritys from your hair, caused by minerals in the water you use, smoke, and medicines. I do post surgical treatments on all of my clients, as well as by weekly treatments on all of my clients with hairloss issues. Hope you find some releif. Cathy
Unread 08-04-2005, 03:00 PM
hair loss?

I'm a little over three months from my op and I have the oposite effect. I have always had thin fine baby hair that grows slowly. But since the operation I have thick fast growing hair? Just on my head, legs and underarms the same. I am not taking any hormones due to endo and adeno. Maybe it has to do with the hormones? Do you have swollen fingers I had to have my ring sized up 1 1/2 sizes? I guess were all different.
Unread 08-04-2005, 09:27 PM
hair loss?

I am losing my hair too. I am a month out and I noticed a patch on the left side a week ago that wasn't bare before. I just looked into getting a wig a few days ago. It is not fair! I am losing hair on my head and getting hair on my face. ugh!!!!!
Debbie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register