hyster, bladder tuck, and more. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

hyster, bladder tuck, and more. hyster, bladder tuck, and more.

Unread 03-26-2006, 05:47 PM
hyster, bladder tuck, and more.

The more is what I am worried about. Apparently something happens to the rectum sometimes durring pregnancy, am not sure about my ovaries... well all of this needs to be repaired, or removed. Is this a big deal? I mean does it really make it that much more of an ordeal?
If anyone knows about a 'triple treat' is like, I would sure like some insight...

Thanks ever so much..

nerakann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2006, 07:40 AM

Sorry I don't have any advice on any of that. Wish I could help ya. Sending you some s and maybe I can bump this back up to the top and you'll get some more responses.
Take care.
Unread 03-27-2006, 05:33 PM

Thank you shutterbug...I am guessing that I will be just fine... (?haha)

and thanks for seeing if anyone else has had these three things done...

nerakann
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-28-2006, 11:51 AM

Hi nerakann Can you be a little more specific about what your surgery will involve? I had a TVH (vaginal hyst) with BSO (ovaries and tubes removed) and A&P repairs -- these are vaginally done, anterior and posterior repairs to fix a cystocele (prolapsed bladder) and rectocele (prolapsed rectum), and bladder lift, four years ago. Is that the combination of procedures you're having?

If it is, then I'd say that your recovery will be pretty similar to anyone else here who had a vaginal hyst, with a couple of differences. One is that you'll probably have stitches down in the perineal area (like an episiotomy) which will itch and get sore for a while, so you might want to get a donut pillow to sit on. You can find them at most drugstores as well as medical supply stores. Another difference is that you may find your bladder is quite sensitive for a bit after your surgery... I ended up going home with a Foley catheter for a week to allow my bladder time to calm down, and then it worked fine. Not everyone who has a bladder lift goes home with a catheter, but it's fairly common.... ask your DR if you might expect to. If you do, it's really not a big deal.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your surgery!
s,
-Linda
Unread 03-29-2006, 01:51 PM
Exacty!

Thank you !
It is the same as you, with the prolapsed uterus, rectum, and bladder. I didn't even consider having to use a foley... hmmmmm.... whatever it takes I will do.... ohmygoodness!~haha~

I, like everyone else here, (more than likely) am just on a little roller coaster ride of emotions. ~~~oooooowaaaa~ the unknown!...until I found you guys! but oh what a relief it will be to get it over with!

I have a great DH, (devoted hubby, do you guys call them that here?) and he has gained alot of understanding on the site for the men.

Tomorrow is pre op day... and I don't know what happens.... one at the dr. and one at the hospital for meeting the anesthesiologist, because I already take a belly full of medicine for the fms, and all the ad ware that comes with that...

I will be fine. Surely right? if ya'll can do it, so can I.

nerak...karen
Unread 03-29-2006, 02:51 PM

Hi Nerak

I am having the same procedure done on 4/6. It was interesting to see about coming home with a foley. I will ask about that tomorrow. I have two pre ops. One for the urologist and one next week with the gyn. I have found so much helpful information here, and lovley ladies to talk to about my concerns. The closer it gets, the better I am about it. Hope this stays true for another week. Will be thinking about you.
Unread 03-29-2006, 04:14 PM

Rachel,

I am glad that you found here too! these ladies are the best! I'll be thinking of you as well!

We are princess' right!

nerakann
Unread 03-29-2006, 04:31 PM

I had an SAH, bladder TVT repair and rectocele repair. I can HONESTLY tell you that my pain is from the SAH not the other repairs. THe rectocele repair has been a non issue. no pain at all. Hugs Raymo
Unread 03-29-2006, 04:37 PM

I don't know what SAH,TVT stand for... ( iknow, I'm sorry) I kinda figured it out though. and am sooooooooo happy to have gotten your post!!

Thanks Raymo!

nerakann
Unread 03-29-2006, 05:42 PM

I had a LAVH and TOT (bladder sling). Did not come home with a Foley but I really had to concentrate to empty my bladder that first week.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register