Horribe Headache | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Horribe Headache Horribe Headache

Unread 01-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Horribe Headache

I'm four days post of from a LAVH, BSO. I don't have much pain and am moving well. One day post-op I started with a headache - nagging and annoying but not horrible. Now at this point my head is throbbing. It starts from the nape of my neck up to my eyebrows. I had a Deprovera shot before leaving the hospital and wonder if that might be causing it, although the orginal pain started before the shot. I'm taking percocets, advil and tylenol (alternating) hoping sometihng will bring relief. Anyone else have this problem? I know if I call my dr. he will send me to the ER and I really don't feel up to that. I have an appointment at his office tomorrow to check my blood levels so I'm hoping to wait until then. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-20-2008, 09:34 AM
Horribe Headache

I would call the dr. and tell him or at least definitely tell your dr at your appt. tomorrow. I'm not an expert, but since you're just 4 days post-op maybe it is from the lingering effects of the anesthesia. Or maybe it could be from the meds.
Unread 01-20-2008, 02:38 PM
Horribe Headache

There are many, many reasons for a headache. You could do a web search and find may sites dedicated to headaches and the treatments of headaches. You could be having a headache from anesthesia, medications, rebound headache, muscle tension headache, headache from change in diet, change in sleeping position, hormones, and the list goes on and one. Of course, strokes can cause a headache, too, so it is important to talk to your doctor about how you are feeling and ask what you should do, especially if you have not had this type of headache in the past.

You might find a cool cloth at the base of your neck helpful and a cool, dark, quite room. Urgent care might be an option if you do not want to go to ER.

Many best wishes to you and let us know what your doctor says!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register