I am so worried about going back to work next week | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I am so worried about going back to work next week I am so worried about going back to work next week

Unread 01-06-2009, 03:01 PM
I am so worried about going back to work next week

Hi:
I am so worried about going back to work next week. It will be week 3, but I have no choice. I work for myself and have no sick days!! I want to cry just thinking about the anxiety that I need to get back to work. The other bad thing is I ama personal trainer and dance instructor. I know that with my personal training clients that know what they're doing, I will only have to stand there with a clipboard, and for my dance students I will just put on the music and a give little cues.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-06-2009, 03:20 PM

HeiCa,

I'm a personal trainer too! I work at a gym though, and things get very very crazy there sometimes, mainly because I don't just train, I assist manage too. So lots of questions, running the service desk, payroll, teaching, etc... it can be crazy!! I stopped in yesterday to let them know I wouldn't be back until next Monday, and I totally got sucked into the vortex! I had to get out of there, i was there for about 2.5 hours, and that was way enough!! I went in today to train a client, but we both agreed that until the Dr. releases me, I shouldn't be on the clock at all. I walked on the treadmill while she did intervals. It felt good to move, but I'm feeling it now. Little tugs where the ovaries are/where. I totally understand your fear. I haven't had any sick time or vacation time, so we are just out the money I'm not getting. I'm thankful that DH makes a good living... still I need to get back!! I love being in the fitness industry, but right now, a desk job doesn't sound too bad!!!

Hang in there!! (((HUGS)))
Unread 01-06-2009, 04:30 PM

I work a full-time desk job, but part time from September through May I coach gymnastics. My hope was to have my surgery done over the summer, but my surgeons' schedules filled up. By mid-August, I was ready to postpone the idea of surgery until next spring.

One of my doctors ended up with an opening at the end of August. He knew my desire to be there when my season started after Labor Day. (Plus the fact that I wanted to be on the ice skating with my hockey team shortly after.) He said he couldn't make any promises, but said it was definitely an obtainable goal. Eleven days post-op I was in the gym coaching (restrictions on lifting kids, of course, and moving equipment, etc). The following day I was on the hockey rink for my first practice (no games for 6 weeks, though). I had been back at my desk job a week after surgery.

In some respects, it was nice to get back to my routine again. Be careful, though, as it is easy to forget some of your restrictions and push yourself. Several times I had to stop myself from doing something that usually was just a habit, or natural reflex.

Hopefully, you'll find too that being in good shape helps you recover faster. My surgeon said that my health and condition prior to surgery was one of the factors that made him confident I could get back to normal activities sooner than some of his other patients.

Best of luck to you, and I hope that you find the return easier than anticipated.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register