Ever heard of vaginal staph? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Ever heard of vaginal staph? Ever heard of vaginal staph?

Unread 12-11-2004, 09:59 PM
Ever heard of vaginal staph?

Hello to all! I had a complete hysterectomy in February 2004 because of cysts, endometriosis, pain and enlarged womb. I tried to make it without hormone replacement, but after 5 weeks, my hands began shaking and I couldn't stand myself (or anyone else!). I am now on estrace 2mg and doing ok with the pill. I do worry because my mom died of breast cancer in November of 2002. How long will I take the pill? I don't know. I thought I was starting to feel better until my next problems began. In November 2004 I had a colonoscopy because of severe diarrhea that I had been experiencing for about 2 years (have had problems on and off since my gallbladder was removed in 1999). I was treated for a yeast infection after my hospital stay of four days. Now I am told that it is not a yeast infection, but it is a staph infection. I have never heard of vaginal staph. I started a clindamycin vaginal cream last night. I am swelled on the inside and it hurt to insert cream. Is this normal? I am really scared. Is there anyone with my problem? Thank you for listening.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2004, 10:13 PM

Hi!

I'm sorry I don't have a magic answer for you! I wish I did! I just wanted to send you a big and give you a so hopefully, someone around here will be able to help you find the answers you are looking for! s

Deb
Unread 12-14-2004, 11:06 PM

I can't help, sorry. I did a fast search for "staph" and there was everything from infections of the cuff to the incision. Shelbi on Page 2 dated 8-7-04 had a staph of the vagina. I don't know if you can learn anything...but take a look. I'm sorry you have to deal with this!
Maralyn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-15-2004, 07:21 AM
Re: Ever heard of vaginal staph?

Quote:
Originally posted by singinglacylou
of severe diarrhea that I had been experiencing for about 2 years (have had problems on and off since my gallbladder was removed in 1999).
You know I had that problem too after my gallbladder was removed and it just happens to some people. If I had to eat out, I would have to leave immediately to go home, or I ended up in the bathroom of the rest. before we left.
As far as the staph on the vaginal cuff, you can get an infection there because there was an incision there remember. I would imagine that it would be swollen and hurt when you insert the applicator, just don't stop using it , it will get better once the medicine starts working.
Unread 08-04-2005, 06:17 PM
Good news!!!!

Hello All! Since I posted this letter, I have gotten well!!!! A new gyno told me that I might not have had staph, and that sometimes the pap test can show a positive for staph, when it is another infection. Anyway, she said the aggressive treatment cured my infection. I haven't had anymore problems. I now battle the swelly belly and hormone fluctuation.
Thanks to all who prayed for me. Please continue and God bless you all. Sincerely, Rachel
Unread 08-04-2005, 06:24 PM

Hi Rachel, :

This is great news. Thank you for coming back and sharing it with us.

's, Rita

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register