Concern | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 11-02-2013, 07:42 AM
Concern

Hi there! I'm new to the site..i am scheduled for a hysterectomy ,,leaving one ovary on the 5th.. My question - concern is I am due for my period a few days after my procedure , but my cycles have been crazy lately and I feel as tho I may start my period before my procedure.. I want to call on Monday and ask ,but wondered if any of u know if this would hinder the procedure?. I hope I posted in the right place .. Thanks for any info ...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2013, 07:45 AM
Re: Concern

I've seen many post this question and it should not hinder your procedure
Unread 11-02-2013, 07:48 AM

Thank you I have made myself ready for this and I'm ready to be done with the pain .. Don't want any interruption
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2013, 07:50 AM

I was told it didn't matter when you have our period with a hysto.
Unread 11-02-2013, 10:29 AM

Generally it seems that it doesn't matter but I have seen posts on here where surgery was delayed because of it. This is something to check with your doctor .
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:20 PM

Shouldn't be a problem - most move right along with surgery....afterall....some actually have the surgery because of the never ending periods. By all means though..if it would put you at ease, call and make sure what your own Drs protocals are. Good Luck!
Unread 11-02-2013, 03:30 PM

don't think it would make a diference. I've been hemorrhaging for the last 5 days and the only way to stop it is to take the stupid thing out. I'm more curious as to what I wear after putting the gown on (tampon? underwear and pass?) as I can't just go naked or I'll bleed out everywhere. gross!

btw- good luck! mine is on Tuesday also. can't get here soon enough as I'm bedridden and bored!! Lol
Unread 11-02-2013, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmekarenlee View Post
I'm more curious as to what I wear after putting the gown on (tampon? underwear and pass?) as I can't just go naked or I'll bleed out everywhere. gross!
LOL...they will give you all the necessary supplies (probably those stylin' mesh - throw away, granny panties and a pad) - which they will remove and take care of once you are on the table and out of it...No worries...
Unread 11-02-2013, 03:39 PM

Good luck to u too itsmekarenlee and thanks everyone! I'm excited to be done and nervous
Unread 11-03-2013, 10:50 AM

I too am having surgery on the 5th. I started my period Friday night (of course it couldn't have come earlier in the day) so I've had to wait all weekend to call and double check with the doctor. I would rather call and know for sure than get to the castle Tuesday morning bright and early only to be sent home because the doctor would rather wait until it is over.

Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register