LAVH 2 weeks post hysterectomy, still worn out | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

2 weeks post hysterectomy, still worn out 2 weeks post hysterectomy, still worn out

Unread 03-27-2017, 01:13 AM
2 weeks post hysterectomy, still worn out

So, back story. I'm 29, no children, and I'm 2 weeks post-op. It was supposed to be a laproscopic supercervical hysterectomy + both tubes, but they couldn't stop the bleeding and ended up cutting too much and had to take the cervix, too. That was a shock to hear coming out of anathesia! I had to get this because of essure and adenomyosis. I also have interstitial cystitis and pelvic floor dysfunction.

Anyway, I saw my doctor last Thursday, and he said I could start getting back to my normal routine, but no heavy lifting. So, I went for a walk today with my husband around the block only to be gasping for breath with my legs threatening to give out on the last leg.

I already pretty much can't exercise because of IC, and now I'm dying from a simple walk. Is this normal at this point? I feel totally fine until I walk for a little bit, then it's, "Oh, God, why did I do this to myself???" Am I still just healing, or am I that out of shape already?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-27-2017, 08:51 AM
Re: 2 weeks post hysterectomy, still worn out

Hello LoveMyMustang

We are so happy that you found us!

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing fatigue. I am sure it was a shock to hear about everything that happened during surgery. Something to keep in mind though is that you are still early in recovery from major surgery. It can take 4 to 6 weeks for the initial phase. This affords your tissue, muscle, ligaments and nerve-endings to not only regrow but establish normal operating functions again.

You are out of shape…? Gosh no but you are still trying to build your energy level along with stamina back up. An around the block walk sounds great but until you can work up to that particular walk, perhaps take it in segments. You will begin to notice that from day to day and/or week to week you will be making those gains.

The potential full healing journey is roughly 4 to 6 months though for some sisters it could take a bit longer. Give yourself some time. Pamper yourself as this is the time to heal properly.

Here is a link to connect to sisters that had surgery the same week as you: March 13-19 Recovery Thread .

You are going to do great sweetie! Keep up the good work!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register