Bleeding between periods | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Bleeding between periods Bleeding between periods

Unread 12-09-2014, 05:10 PM
Bleeding between periods

Hi, My name is Janet. I have been on this site maybe once before. I thought all was going along well. No period since July. Then about 2 weeks ago felt like I was going to get my period. Strong cramps, headache, moody. No period, just some pinkish discharge. Had a tv ultrasound today. Tech said all looked goo but could not find my right ovary. Still having the feeling of getting my period. Feel bloated, full. It is making me crazy. Has anyone else experienced anything like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-09-2014, 06:44 PM
Re: Bleeding between periods

Quote:
Originally Posted by janison View Post
Had a tv ultrasound today. Tech said all looked goo but could not find my right ovary. .
Did you have an trans-abdominal ultrasound as well. Only asking because the tech that did mine (has 20 years experience performing them) couldn't find one of mine trans-vaginally either. He wasn't concerned though as he had already seen it via the trans-abdominal US. He said ovaries often go into hiding with the trans-vaginal US, but the fluid in the bladder when taking a trans-abdominal pushes them up and into view.
Unread 12-10-2014, 12:49 AM

Hi. Thanks for the response. I did have a trans abdominal as well. She could not find it there either. I have had to have several of these over the past 12 months due to complex and debris filled cysts on my ovaries. The left ovary she said had no cysts this time. And could not find the the right.
For the past three weeks I have been have lower abdominal cramps that sometimes travel to the front of my legs as well as back pain. (last real period was July of this year) Totally feel like I am getting my period, All that happens is every once in a while when I wipe some pinkish mucus like blood. I am just uncomfortable and getting very frustrated.

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-13-2014, 04:21 AM
No period for 5 months started spotting mucus with blood for about 2 weeks

Good Saturday Morning
Have not had a period for 5 months. Started light spotting that was pinkish and mucus for about two weeks. It has stopped. Had a TVU they could not find my right ovary, all looked good. My endometrial lining was 3.7 mm. Has some blood work= prolactin 1.2 ng/mL; FSH 48 mlU/mL; Tumor HCG & Quant. Pregnancy 2 mlU/mL. Really confused and concerned. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Unread 12-20-2014, 05:59 PM

I was having bad pelvic pain and heavy/irregular bleeding for a few months. When the pain got so bad one day, I went to the ER. They did a vaginal ultrasound, and the technician said the same thing to me, "Do you still have your left ovary?" Turns out, I had a cyst so large (3.3 cm) that it had completely taken up all the space of my ovary. I ultimately opted to have the ovary removed; this was a good decision because the cyst ended up being a mucinous tumor, which the doctor said would have turned cancerous in 2-3 years.

My advice would be to keep asking for more tests. Ask if there's a chance of a cyst engulfing your ovary. Don't stop until you get answers.
Unread 12-20-2014, 07:59 PM

Thank you so much. I will be having a uterine biopsy this week. No one seems to be concerned about the missing ovary even though I'd was visable 6 months ago. I will keep on asking questions. God Bless and Merry Christmas.

Tags
perimenopause

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register