Does anyone feel this way..Worn out and discouraged | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Does anyone feel this way..Worn out and discouraged Does anyone feel this way..Worn out and discouraged

Unread 08-29-2006, 07:26 PM
Does anyone feel this way..Worn out and discouraged

at the beginning of last week I was in good spirits and high energy, still taking it easy though, I had gone off pain meds and walking short distances. Then this past friday I woke up to sever right side sharp pain, I could barely walk, even lifting my right leg to get in the shower was sharp jabbing right pain. I also was still bleeding. I still having the sharp pain and bleeding.

I saw doc on monday and he stopped the bleeding but I woke up this morning with it even heavier than before. He also said I may have a cyst on the ovary that why the pain, and I am scheduled for an ultra sound to make sure it is not a hard mass.

First I don't understand how a cyst could cause debilitating pain. Second what if it is a hard mass what then? I am just so worn down from all of this, depressed, and lethargic. I was optimistic for a speedy recovery especially reading so many positive stories. I am tired of laying around and no activity, I still force myself to do at least one short walk regardless of the pain, but it is so bad that I end up in tears.

Mornings are still difficult with gas, takes my breath away even though I take a gas x before bed.

I am usually stubborn, on the go, and high pain tolerance but all of this experience has taken its toll on my spirit, motivation, etc.... I feel completely un productive, not even enjoying any reading or writing. UGH...

I even haven't come to hyster sisters for the support and I know that when I do I am encouraged and miss the support. so I will have to get back more often, I just haven't felt like being on the computer much and hurts sitting in this position too long.

Hugs to all.. vickie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2006, 07:51 PM

You are the one that needs the hugs. So sorry that for whatever the reason, you are feeling so miserable. I hope that you find out soon. Please let us know what you find out.
Unread 08-29-2006, 08:05 PM

Vickie,

So sorry to hear of your setback. I remember reading some of your previous posts, and you were always so upbeat. I know how hard it is to stay that way when you hit an obstacle like this.

I have had some "mysterious" aches in my left side, but nothing to the degree that you have described. I am totally sick and tired of being home-bound, but am afraid of doing too much. I'm so tired of reading, watching bad TV and looking at the computer screen. I am walking some, but I get tired so easily. Just want to be my normal self again!!

I am hoping your pain is nothing serious, and you can get back on track for getting to your normal self too. The best thing you can do is work with your doctor to figure out what it is, so you can do what it takes to fix it. I am sending you lots of
Let us know how you're doing, and please hang in there!

Debra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-29-2006, 08:14 PM

I am so sorry you are hurting! Please, take it easy and do not try to do too much! It may be that your are not ready to exercise at all even for a short walk.

Let us know how the tests turnout.
Unread 08-29-2006, 08:21 PM

Vickie, I remember your pre-op posts as being really upbeat, too! I hope you get that Vickie back real soon! One of the reasons that a cyst can hurt so badly is that as it increases in size and as you move around it is pushing/moving the ovary and falopian tube around and that hurts! It can even twist (torsion) and that really hurts. In fact if it twists around and cuts off the blood supply to the ovary it can REALLY hurt. Also, if it ruptures it can REALLY hurt. I don't want to alarm you, but If you are doubled over in pain and can't walk at all, get to the ER, as it may need to by surgically removed asap.

Let us know what that ultrsound turns up! Also, post here for support - we miss hearing from you!

Cathy
Unread 08-30-2006, 09:04 AM

I had TAH and my tubes removed and just kept ovaries, so I'm hoping that it will not require surgery..ugh! but I know that all that rerouting of of blood supply etc... that my ovaries havent' fully kicked in, I get night sweats and day sweats, doc has me taking extra estrogen, so what I don't understand is he said I was ovulating w/a cyste... How can you be ovulating if your ovaries havent' kicked in yet?
Unread 08-30-2006, 11:02 AM

Hi,
I'm feeling worn out and discouraged today, but I'm hoping to be feeling better soon if I really take it easy.

I hope you're doing better soon, too! You've come to the right place - I know all your Sisters are here for you!

Take it as easy as you can, and keep us updated, okay?
Unread 08-30-2006, 05:40 PM

sorry to hear you are not feeling up to par. Take it slow again. It's smart that you are calling the doctor and getting to the bottom of things.
A friend of mine that had a hysterectomy 15 yrs ago told me that her biggest advice to me is "be patient with yourself as you're healing and don't overdo anything" I guess our eyes want to do it, but our bodies are not ready yet . I've been taking it slow, but getting tired of laying around and I'm only on day 6 after surgery! I have alot of stairs and I don't want to do them more than once per day if that. I have to avoid the temptation once I start feeling better. I also read that taking vit c can help wounds faster, so I'm taking the emergenc-c powder in cold water twice a day. It might help trying that. Have you started working again? Maybe get a couple more weeks off. I hope everything works out for you, take care and please take it extra slow until you heal up again!!
Unread 08-30-2006, 06:08 PM

Hi Vickie. sorry to hear you're so sick. I hope it' nothing serious, you have been through so much. I know cysts can be very painful, but there is a chance they can also resolve themselves. My sister used to get cysts on her ovaries & said they can be very painful. I don't know what kind of hard mass your Dr is talking about, never heard of that, hopefully its nothing major. I hope the Dr finds the problem & you're feeling better soon.
Hugs & best wishes,
Ciana

LSH kept ovaries/crevix
Unread 08-30-2006, 06:21 PM

Yup,

feeling very worn out and discouraged. I'm tired of the lifting limit. I'm tired of being tired. I'm tired of aches and pains....I'm just tired in general. Don't have an answer at this point. I'd just like a big hug and will probably have when I go to bed.

Love y'all

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register