Scheduled TAH 1 Week to Go, Barely Hanging On | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

1 Week to Go, Barely Hanging On 1 Week to Go, Barely Hanging On

Unread 02-29-2012, 12:23 PM
1 Week to Go, Barely Hanging On

My surgery is in one week (March 7) but I feel like I am already at the end of my rope. My uterus has been acting up since puberty (I am now 26) and has been especially bad this last year. I am in constant pain and since coming off the BC pills (2 weeks before surgery to prevent clots) I am constantly bleeding. I also cannot take any pain meds. I am so tired all the time and I am just surviving one day at a time.

My family is great. I live with my mom and dad. My mom is taking a week off when I come home from the hospital. She herself had a hysterectomy 20 years ago for the same reasons as me so she knows how slow recovery will be. My dad works from home and is already doing a great job of getting me water, food, etc. because my mobility is zilch.

I guess I just needed to vent. I really wish my surgery was tomorrow. Someone please tell me I will survive to get to the other side of healing. I am so tired. Anybody else go into surgery feeling like the walking dead?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2012, 12:36 PM
Re: 1 Week to Go, Barely Hanging On

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathwiz View Post
My surgery is in one week (March 7) but I feel like I am already at the end of my rope. My uterus has been acting up since puberty (I am now 26) and has been especially bad this last year. I am in constant pain and since coming off the BC pills (2 weeks before surgery to prevent clots) I am constantly bleeding. I also cannot take any pain meds. I am so tired all the time and I am just surviving one day at a time.

My family is great. I live with my mom and dad. My mom is taking a week off when I come home from the hospital. She herself had a hysterectomy 20 years ago for the same reasons as me so she knows how slow recovery will be. My dad works from home and is already doing a great job of getting me water, food, etc. because my mobility is zilch.

I guess I just needed to vent. I really wish my surgery was tomorrow. Someone please tell me I will survive to get to the other side of healing. I am so tired. Anybody else go into surgery feeling like the walking dead?
Yes, I too felt this way before surgery. Hang in there, it's almost time and once it's over with, you'll feel so much better.
Unread 02-29-2012, 12:47 PM

My surgery is also on the 7th. I have been bleeding/clots non stop since my last appt. on 2/9. Surgery can't get here soon enough for me. My Dr.'s nurse told me that I was going to have so much more energy after surgery because I would not be so anemic.

I am a little older than you (46) but still want to feel young and this is making me feel older than my years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-29-2012, 01:02 PM

OMG - I though this was my thread!!! I have been bleeding off and on since 12/21/11 - So no Xmas, New Years, MLK, Presidents day celebrations for me. I had a hysteroscopic myomectomy on 2/16 which is when they found the endometrial cancer. My surgery is scheduled for 3/14 and I am feeling just like you.

I want to talk about it and I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT it. Just an emotional roller coaster. But I know there is an end in sight. And that is what I am working towards. Thank God for this site!!!
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:30 PM

Thank you so much for your replies. It makes me feel less alone and like I can and will survive my uterus. Donna, thank you for the reassurance. lola65, I will be praying for you as I pray for myself on Wednesday. LAReed, I will keep you in my prayers. Hang in there ladies!
Unread 02-29-2012, 02:37 PM

You will make it to the other side and you will feel so much better when this is all behind you!!!

I was in constant pain and was tired all the time and pretty much could not function, but now....I'm a totally new woman and I have no regrets!! It seems like you wait forever for your surgery, but it will be here and gone before you know it and then you can focus on your recovery!!

to you! Hoping you have an uneventful surgery and a smooth recovery and you can get back living the way you were meant to!!!

Unread 02-29-2012, 04:52 PM

Thank you for you reassurance. It helps me a lot in this time. I know I will be a million times better after surgery. The post-op does not scare me because anything has to be better than right now and this is not my first surgery (number 7 actually). I basically sit with my feet up because every time I move, I can feel myself bleed. Ugh. But this is the last period I will ever have and that is really comforting right now. I *will* make it. I know. Thank you for the reminder.
Unread 02-29-2012, 08:43 PM

I am 8 weeks post op today. It seems like yesterday when I was where you were. I was on massive pain meds from endometriosis that was all the time, not just during my period. I am now taking only ibuprofen when I need it. I already feel bett in a lot of ways than I have for years. I never realized how much my life was affected....and I am probably only 50% healed at this time...just remember recovery is slow and you only get one chance to heal properly. It sounds like you have a great support system..that will make it so much better. Ps. I am in Saskatchewan.
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:19 PM

Wow, you're only one province over. I am so glad to hear your story. It just seems like my uterus has dominated my life for so long that I don't know what life will be like without it (in a good way). I am looking forward to feeling better and getting to live my life instead of simply surviving it. Thank you for your reassuring reply. I feel better emotionally after reading everyone's replies. This website has been a Godsend for me!
Unread 02-29-2012, 09:41 PM

Look at this! A sister in the same city! And my hyst is the day before on the 6th! I suffer from adenomyosis....and mother nature thought she'd give me one last kick at the can and my period started this morning... A WEEK EARLY!!!
Gives me validation that I am making the right decision. Maybe we will bump into each other!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register