6 week post op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

6 week post op 6 week post op

Unread 03-12-2013, 09:51 AM
6 week post op

Hello Can't believe I have finally reached my 6 week mark! I can say this hasn't been the easiest in recovery but I'm thankful to finally say I'm feeling much better. I have been released to go back to work this coming Thursday. I'm a little nervous but at the same time I want to get back to get my mind going again.

I still have some tenderness and get tired at the end of the day. My lower back starts to ache too. Motrin helps.

Gym wise I can now do the treadmill and the stair stepper. But no weights and core work outs for another 6 weeks. And even then it will be light workouts.

So what I did and got my gyno approval is a 3 day detox the healthy way...with veggies, fruits and protein to help rid my body of all the meds etc since surgery. I don't know about anyone else but I have been craving sweets, bread etc since coming out of surgery. So to help the 3 day detox resets your hormones, helps with bloating and metabolism. Now this is not for everyone! Especially right out of surgery. Again, I got approval first from my gyno to make sure it was okay for my body since I'm still healing.

So this is my healing story as of today. I hope and pray everyone is doing well. And for those of you that just had surgery ...pain, discomfort, emotional, bleeding, gas etc. it will get better!!! On those bad days think of each day that goes by brings you that much closer to recovery as hard as it is. I'm here for support if you need to chat! Feel free to message me. Take care all! I will check in next week!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Re: 6 week post op

Next Tuesday will be my 6 weeks and I will also be going back to work on that day and back in the gym also. @ddmartin13 you said you only do the treadmill and stair stepper and no weights and core work outs yet for another 6 weeks??? That's so disappointing cause I'm so sick of not being able to work my body like before surgery, I was looking forward to getting back to my body pump and cardio classes. I will be doing the detox though cause I've been eating a lot of junk food since I've been couped up in the house and not working but thanks for your post, it's just what I needed!
Unread 03-12-2013, 10:25 AM

Yumyum007, yes that's right. No weight and anything that has to do with the core right now. Even though we may feel better we still have a lot of healing inside. Trust me I know the feeling of wanting to get back to the gym and workout. I was doing weight lifting, circuit training, spin etc! I miss it too! But also know I don't want any set backs at this point. I can do like 3 pd weights for arms but that's it. My gyno warned anything that makes you use your mid section to be very careful. See what your doctor says. You know how all have their own opinion. As far as the detox I was watching Dr. Oz and went to his website. I brought the detox list to my gyno so she could review. Hang in there! We are past the hardest part! We both will be at working out like we are used to very soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2013, 11:07 AM

When you say treadmill, are you just walking or are you running also? Yes your right, I didn't think about it like that as far as having a set backs. My weight class does arms, dead lifts, lungs with weights, etc. so I guess that will be still out and the cardio class does a lot of joking around and core work so that's out. My doctor said no lifting more than 10 lbs but I guess treadmill it is! Keep me updated on your recovery since your a week ahead of me, I had a TAH and one ovary removed.
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:12 PM

Walking at a pace you feel comfortable with...mine is about a 1.5...felt a little dizzy going faster so I slowed it down... raise the treadmill to a "level" 3 so it's like walking outside per my trainer. Definitely no dead lifts, LOL! Although my crazy side misses doing them now that I can't and I whined when I could! Ha! I thought my trainer was trying to torture me but I'm thankful now. I will definitely keep you updated!
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:12 PM

Hello.... I'm about to reach my 6 week op.....I'll be returning to work on Thursday.....I'm a machinist......non-stop work.....alot of lifting(up to 50lbs).......I feel alright.....just a little bleeding once in awhile.....But I'm afraid of the heavy lifting.....Could someone help me with this....
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:25 PM

@Scotta does your doctor know your line of work? The only reason why I can go back to work is because I have a desk job. The heaviest item I lift at my desk are small files! OMGosh I couldn't imagine you having to lift 50lbs! You feel fine now because you're not back full swing at work. Please be careful! Especially because you are bleeding even just a little! I hope all goes well but I definitely would opt not to go back if your work requires you heavy lifting.
Unread 03-12-2013, 12:29 PM

Yeah I agree with @ddmartin13! I don't think it's gonna be safe with you @Scotta lifting 50lbs, I have a desk job also so it's no lifting involved. But you should definatly talk with your doctor about your job and what you should do.
Unread 03-13-2013, 01:02 PM

Thank You Sisters.....I feel the same...I plan to be very careful.....Thank Again

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register