More exhausted now 7 weeks post-op | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

More exhausted now 7 weeks post-op More exhausted now 7 weeks post-op

Unread 03-25-2013, 10:49 AM
More exhausted now 7 weeks post-op

I'm almost 8 weeks out from a complete surgical hysterectomy w/ stage 1a cancer in my uterus only (thankfully). I am much more exhausted now than I was 4 weeks ago. I can only do about 4 hours of activity per day. Is this normal? I feel all people in my life think I should be 100% by now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2013, 10:53 AM
Re: More exhausted now 7 weeks post-op

I am 6 wks. post op. I have 1 good day, then a few bad. Maybe we just expect too much from ourselves? I am trying to just rest on the bad & embrace the good days. It is depressing though! My Dr. told my husband that I would feel great at 2 wks.! I keep hoping. In the words of Journey, "Don't Stop, Believin!"
Unread 03-25-2013, 11:31 AM

I was just telling my husband that the exhaustion seems to come in waves. I will have a few good days and then a few where I'm just totally exhausted...from doing nothing. I guess healing takes a lot out of us.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-25-2013, 11:40 AM

Thanks ladies! You have validated my feelings and experiences, especially where my husband is concerned. I think our guys get scared when we aren't our usual dynamic selves!! But we do have to take care of ourselves first and foremost!
Unread 03-25-2013, 01:43 PM

Yes. If we collapse, our whole family will collapse on top of us! Take care of yourself. You run the ship.
Unread 03-25-2013, 02:23 PM

Im 3 months from my davinci surgery 12/20/12 took out cervix and uterus. Yes very true I thought something was wrong with me I would start to feel better then BAMM would start feeling worse. I think its normal just till last week I started to feel better and I am still feeling better. Just praying it does last. Today i have appointment with gyno hopefully i am healing well inside. My doctor also told me that by the 2nd week i could drive and be normal again. Thankfully my husband's brother in law told him it would take 3 months for me to feel better.
Unread 03-25-2013, 09:39 PM

I'm 3 months out from my davinci surgery as well and I am still not 100%. I had an excellent doctor who set my expectations really well. He said that I would not have all my stamina back for at least 5 months. ...and I am 38 and kept my ovaries.

But you are your best gauge for how you feel. If you feel really alarmed, call your doctor. But also be patient with yourself. Don't push. It's a time for relaxation and healing.
Unread 03-26-2013, 01:47 AM

I have a feeling when docs tell you things will be back to normal in a few weeks are not really all that empathetic...just wait...they will learn...

My doctor told my husband that I would not be a hundred percent perhaps as long as 6 months ...or even a year!

I am not a youngster and think that is part of the reason..but I healed great with no complications. but still find myself really out of gas at the end of the day, or even the end of the morning!

A few weeks ago I went shopping, spent several hours in and out of the car, came home, put away groceries and plopped on the couch and fell asleep!

My lower back will ache and my legs will be heavy...ugh...don't like this at all, but all together I feel way better..so just pace yourself. I am sure all sorts of things come into play, how many day's you have been packing in to many things on your list, how well you are sleeping and how many hours you slept the night before.

It is to be expected! Give yourself permission to be a princess and in the long run it will benefit you, you will be all healed up and back to normal.
Unread 03-26-2013, 01:50 AM

Yep, same boat here, only with cramps today. LAME. I'm going on the "we feel good so we're doing too much" theory.
Slow down. It will all still be there, promise.
Unread 03-26-2013, 05:30 AM

So glad to know I am not alone. I work from home with my own business, but I find it harder to focus at the end of the day. I am tired and need to take a nap! My back aches and my legs feel heavy at times. We have a 2 story house everything I need is of course downstairs! I also have the brain fog. I can go all the way downstairs for something and forget what or why I came downstairs. I hope to feel better by my 2 month anniversary. I hope everyone else will feel better soon as well.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register