Fibroids and the big belly...... - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fibroids and the big belly...... Fibroids and the big belly......

Unread 11-02-2007, 06:46 AM
Fibroids and the big belly......

I also have a large fibroid...on the outside of my uterous and it has grown through my cervix (dr. couldn't locate the cervix at the last visit.) My uterous is I think she said 15 week pregnancy but since this fiboid is low it is squishing all my other organs upwards. I look big time pregnant probably 6 or 7 months and I'm uncomfortable most of the time. I'm not in any real pain though..,,I don't know why...I'm just uncomfortable and I have to pee all night and it feels like something is wedged up under my right ribcage...but hey maybe I've just gotten used to feeling like crap?....Mine is growing really fast to answer your question... in July the doctor thought I could have it done TVH by September it had grown so much that it was crushing everything and now I have to have a TAH...oh well just get it out I say I'm hoping I will feel like a new woman cause this one is worn out!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-02-2007, 07:18 AM
I can totally relate!

Hello ladies! My "cantalope" seems to be growing as well, since my last vist w/ obgyn. I thought I was imagining it. Cannot wait to see my toes again <giggle> once I have my surgery.
Good luck to all fellow hysters...God Bless
Unread 11-02-2007, 07:50 AM

I don't even have a good guess as to how big this fibroid is now...judging by my appearance I'd say it's about 50 pounds (hee hee)
Unread 11-02-2007, 09:16 AM

Hi All

My fibroid was diagnosed as 5 month uterus size at the end of March and, as I said earlier, 7 months when it was removed 13th September. When I asked what would happen if I left it, they said it would carry on growing However, I lost only 7lbs plus a further 2lbs following not eating so well for a couple of days so don't expect massive weight losses......

A big to you all
Unread 11-02-2007, 09:23 AM

I was kidding about the 50 pounds, I know that even after having my kids I thought well I will lose about 7 or 8 pounds because the babies would weigh that much and it always turns out to be less. However, it the appearance of wieght that will be different as we won't have a large thing poking our stomachs out anymore.
Unread 11-05-2007, 12:49 PM

I did not lose that much wight but I am still so happy to have that thing out!
Unread 11-05-2007, 01:54 PM

Pagan - Your post could have been mine except for one thing - you have had your surgery. I have a 25cm (5 months ago that is - who knows now) fibroid on the outside of my uterus and a uterus sitting at 30 weeks so that vertical incision is a guarantee. Because the alien is so large that it can't actually keep all of itself fed as it continues to grow, parts of it are calcified and others necrotic (what a lovely thought). My doc is estimating weight at about 15 pounds. I can't wait to get this thing out. I made the mistake of laying down on my stomach for a minute yesterday and felt like a human teeter totter rocking back and forth on the alien at the center.

Friday cannot come soon enough.
Unread 11-05-2007, 02:52 PM

I can totally relate to this thread. My alien pod is about 15cm, and growing fast. I hope that I can last until Dec. 20th. I was diagnosed in September, and it feels like it has grown quite a bit since. I now know why clothes haven't been fitting well; I blamed it on being overweight.
Good luck to you!
Unread 11-06-2007, 01:30 PM

I had smyptons (which I ignoratnly ignored) for a couple of years. Although my periods weren't long, they were getting more painful on day one and two and really heavy. It wasn't until I had intense pain during relations with my hubby that I finally went in and wanted to find out what was wrong.

For me, she put me B/C pills which slowed things down a bit, but they were growing quickly. My Sister-in-Law had a similiar issue and hers grew so fast that by the time they located it she went in for surgery the next week!

Let us know how your procedure goes--Best wishes!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register