Last weekend before trip to castle - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Last weekend before trip to castle Last weekend before trip to castle

Unread 09-25-2003, 10:35 PM
Last weekend before trip to castle

You may want to add salad fixin's and dressing to your list. I NEEDED salads when I got out of the castle and frankly, anything w/ tomato sauce made me sick, so think of meals that are a bit less challengine?

Fresh fruit and vegies will help get things "regular" again LOL

Seriously consider stocking up on Gas-X or Mylanta Gas - it seems like very few princesses come out of the castle not needing that. Colace (a stool softener) and Prune Juice will also help if you get constipated (which way too many of us do - uggg!).

Try to spend a bit of time just relaxing (easy for me to say), do something for YOU, take a long luxurious bath, stock up on craft supplies and/or books, whatever will make you happy. Oh! Buy chocolate! You can never have enough chocolate LOL

Soon we'll all be contratulating you and welcoming you to "the other side".

Warmly, Elissa <btw, you can hide special treats in the laundry basket - no one ever looks in there LOL>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-25-2003, 11:05 PM

Hi,

I love you 30th gals. If I had to be postponed, I'm glad I'm w/ you all.
My poor bag sits all packed and forlorn w/ all the wrong junk in it! It only took me going to admitting to figure that out. I think I'll spend tomorrow using some of your good ideas and start over again.

Do bring your player! My last stay, my room mate griped about the TV (and any lights at all!) even tho it was turned down & away, curtain pulled... at 8PM. So I had this silent dark room from 8 on. It lagged.

Girls, one thing I did notice. When you take off your clothes to get into the gown in admitting, they toss all your clothes in a plastic bag, including shoes and underwear; then seal it. I don't know about you, but I aint goin' home in that mess. I suggest you just try your best to make room for your "go home" outfit , whatever that might be, in your good bag.

Don't forget your face wipes. Ahhhhh and lotion. Maybe you can finagle a foot rub from DH. he he...

Good Tips Thanks,
Much Love,
Annie
Unread 09-26-2003, 08:12 AM
Right behind ya'll

I wanted to wish you all the best, I am right behind you my surgery is the 2nd. I have everything done except grocery shopping which I will do this weekend and one last vacumning and dusting. I tore apart house last weekend, decorated for fall, made scarecrow for front lawn etc. etc. I am an organizational freak normally so you know I am now extremely anal!! Speaking of anal....I also stocked up on prune juice they had sunsweet 1/2 gals at the dollar store. Got slipper socks, travel toothbrush, little brush comb & mirror set there also. I love the $1 store. I am an accountant and office manager so I have gotten all my work done up to the middle of Oct. I will be going back part time on the 13th, unless my vh gets turned into a ah...don't know exactly what is going or staying until Dr. gets in there. Definitly keeping cervix. Any way just wanted to let you all know you are in my prayers. And I am right there with ya'll. I also have a little denim button up dress that I am wearing to castle. I was going to wear it home too, but I packed a pair of drawstring pants and t-shirt because I remembered how they throw everything in a bag, and even though I really won't care what I look like going home, I don't want to wear a wrinkled dress that smells like sneakers!!

God bless us all
Lace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-26-2003, 02:28 PM

I am wearing the same dress home. My DM has instructions to take the bag to the car and lay my dress out as soon as I go to surgery. I am normally a control freak and I have taken care of everything except getting ready to go. I agree with Kim - if I don't get ready maybe it won't come. except I want it to... so ready to get this over with.

I am not going back to work until the 27th and only PT until the 10th of Nov. but I work 11 hour days so PT is 5 hours.

3 more days and a wake-up
Unread 09-26-2003, 07:44 PM
also on 9/30/03

I also hav LAVH on 9/30/03 ,but I don't have any packing to do. They are sending me home the same day. Monday is going to be crazy though. I have to work until noon then go to school and take a test (I am in nursing school) then Anatomy and Physiology Lab to make up for the one I will miss wednesday after surgery. After that my pre-op physical at 6:30 and finish getting my house ready. Whew! I also need to make up some meals to freeze for post-op. Not enough hours in a day!

Happy thoughts!
Edens
Unread 09-26-2003, 08:16 PM

I actually shopped tonight. Got everything but the food. yippee!!! Bought my last pack of pads (actually DD's pads, but I will use if I need when I come home)

Today was my last full day of work. Monday I only work 6:30 to 9:30 and then will go back after I finish pre-op at 2:00 and work until 5:00. And you know that won't be very productive.

DD has a volleyball tournament tomorrow and I was just looking at the bracket. 1st game at 2:00 and if they win all last game is at 7:00. Not sure they will win all so last game on other side is at 6:00.

counting down (and I don't even have to use both hands any more)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register