No doubts now | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

No doubts now No doubts now

Unread 10-26-2000, 11:30 AM
No doubts now

I am right now in the middle of the last period I will ever have (unless it decides to come the morning of my surgery) and because it is so heavy this month, I have no doubts about having to have the surgery. I am so tired of not being able to leave the house for more than 1 hour. Even though my date is about 24 days away, I've starting the cleaning frenzy already.

Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2000, 11:54 AM
No doubts now

Hi! I am not scheduled till Nov. 29, but I also am cleaning like crazy! I have always been nuts about a clean place but right now, I have to clean and clean.

Last night, went to a talk on Alternatives to Hysterectomy at the local hospital. What they said, I have already had, so now I know I have to do this and I am as ready as I can be. I am sure I will be nuts around Thanksgiving, but know deep down, that my problems will be over shortly. No more periods that I can't leave the house. No more ruining the furniture when I gush. Maybe I won't be anemic and I will have so energy! So it is the right thing. This site is great and to have someone to talk to that is going through it, or went through it is so calming to me!

Unread 10-26-2000, 12:00 PM
No doubts now

I agree about how wonderful this site is. Someone in some posts has asked a question that I have on my mind. As the day gets closer, I will be on this site more and more.

Diane
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-26-2000, 12:44 PM
No doubts now

I hear you loud and clear!!! I just finished my last period..(sorta still lingering as usual)and I actually prayed that I would have a nasty period so I could put any doubts that I might have had out of my mind! I know right now some of you are thinking "she's nuts" but the last period before this one was the closest I have had to a "normal" period in ages!! And of course I began doubting myself..(just fear I'm sure) about having the hysterectomy!!! I had that nasty period and I'm so excited about the fact that it was my last period ever....
No more pads, bleeding, pain etc!!! I'm scared about the surgery but I met the Anaesthetist at pre-op the other day and she said she would actually talk to me for the first few minutes I was under..(because I have had an experience of hearing my surgery taking place before)..so she will be reassuring me...that was a great comfort. Now I just have to keep healthy for the next week and show up!!! I trying to avoid my son's horrible cold. All the best to all of you!
Luv you all!!! Couldn't have done it without this site! Meg
Unread 10-26-2000, 01:34 PM
No doubts now

You know, before this site, it was quite the experience to describe why I couldn't go to work when I was on my period. Everyone thought I was just over exaggerating. I am so glad that now my problems and experiences are not so uncommon...of course, I don't wish this on anyone, but it sure is comforting knowing that people are here for you and understand what you are going through. I too, just finished my overly obnoxious period. Changing your pads every 1/2 hr 45 min gets rather annoying...and heaven forbid you run out! Mine are very abnormal...one every 2-3 months, and I always try to stock up...lets just say thank God for DH...

Unread 10-26-2000, 01:50 PM
Me Too!!

I am also in the club of being done with the last horrible ordeal called a period (just two days ago). I love to take baths and we all know that when you feel like you are going to bleed to death, the last thing you want is to sit in a tub...yuck. So, for the second day in a row, I have taken a bath in the morning before work. I think I am stock piling them for the time after that I can't. I am now only 8 days away from going to the castle for a LAVH.

I too have been on the cleaning frenzy. My house looks great, my desk at work actually has open spaces, it is almost too scary of how clean I can get things when I put my mind to it! I think I like it!

YIPPY SKIPPY for all the ladies in waiting that have completed their LAST period!!! What a feeling!!!

Take care!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register