Emotional - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 01-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Re: Emotional

This is a major surgery, and it is going to change your life. You have every right to be emotional, excited, sad, happy, anxious, nervous, scared, upset, or any combination of these things.

I am now 11 days post-op from abdominal hysterectomy and endometriosis removal. The week before surgery was the hardest for me, too. I didn't know what to expect and I was afraid of the pain from surgery. I was scared of not being in control, and the "what-if"s just about drove me crazy. The closer it got, the more real and bigger it became. It was all that I could talk about.

Thankfully, the surgery pain hasn't been any worse than the pain I'd been living with for years, with one HUGE difference - this pain is already starting to go away, and the pain I had before is simply not there. Poof - - Gone. I'll take it.

You're going to make it through this time, and when you come out on the other side, you'll be sore and feel like you've lost a battle, but by golly, you've won the war and will only be getting better from that point forward. Best wishes to all of you for uneventful surgeries and happy recoveries!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-28-2012, 04:47 PM

Normal. I felt numb (if I could have cried, I probably would have....my hormones were so out of whack, but I didn't know it....I can cry now ), but just wanted to avoid life. After my bleeding stopped, I wondered too, I think the "what if" thing is normal, but I remembered that if I could have done it myself when I was bleeding during that 8th and 9th week, when it hurt so bad, and I was bleeding so.stinking.much, I would have reached in there. I knew (and now KNOW) it was the right thing and the best thing for *me*. I feel alive again. My back doesn't hurt anymore! (My uterus was large, weighed over half a pound). I know it's scary....but it can be a huge blessing!
Unread 02-01-2012, 07:02 PM

OMG!!! the emotions are just crazy and I 42 days before the big day.
So I'm sitting her watching CBS Greatest Super Bowl Commercials.

I love the Bud commercials. one of the commercials:

Hank, the Clydesdale didn't make the cut and I lost it…and the thought of it, I'm still tearing up. OMG!!!

I think if I let myself I would do a "ugly cry sob" Must keep control……

WILL THIS EVER END!???!!!!!!??????!!!!!!?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-01-2012, 07:08 PM

i am a mess!! and i still have 11.5 days. i cry all the time. i yell and pick fights with my husband. i stopped sleeping so i now have to take sleeping pills. i seriously thought i was going nuts and maybe this wasnt happening to me. maybe i was making it all up in my head.

then i found this place- and if i am nuts then you are all nuts with me. because reading some of these posts is like a mirror to my life
Unread 02-02-2012, 12:13 PM

I must be worse than I thought my husband talked to his Psychiatrist and now I have an appointment...oh well.
Unread 02-04-2012, 12:49 PM

I am 14 days from my DVH and I too am an emotional MESS!!! I cry at the drop of a hat and can't get the what-if's out of my mind! I finally went to see my GP last week and she made me feel much better. she also prescribed Xanax and it has been a life saver! I am not a pill popper (don't even take aspirin), but everyone told me I NEEDED to take something. I am still terrified but I feel like I can deal with it now. My pre-op is on Tuesday and I hope I can get some questions answered and feel like I have some control back. I do have an extremely supportive family and husband but I lost my mom to Ovarian Cancer three years ago (hence the extreme fear) and she is who I really want now! I know I am rambling but just want you all to know that you are not alone! This site and your support has been my rock!
Unread 02-04-2012, 05:12 PM

Same here, up down, cancell, no,
Going for my Masters in Hysterectomy. (smile)
And to think I did this to all of my Female cats, (sigh)
Poor babies.
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:20 PM
Emotional

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillzy27 View Post
I have known since dec i would be having a TAH. Well I'm a little over two weeks til the date and im so snap someones head off!! Please is the right thing to do!!
I found it the totallywrong thing to so back 3years ago. Been in hitflash he'll ever since, between horrible hotflashes and aniety I feel like im going insane, not to mention people have to continuously point out your "having " a hot flash so everyone can stare like your a freak
Unread 02-04-2012, 06:43 PM

I'd look at them and tell'em I spent too much time at the beach and forgot the sun screen.
Unread 02-05-2012, 03:03 PM

Hello.

I know exactly how you feel. I had my surgery Jan 6, 2012 and it was so emotional for me. These systers helped me so much! You have so much support here. Now things are so much better...I"m smiling now!
I will be praying for you!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register