Would Like To Talk W/ Someone Who Has Experienced A Ruptured Cyst??? | Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy) | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Would Like To Talk W/ Someone Who Has Experienced A Ruptured Cyst??? Would Like To Talk W/ Someone Who Has Experienced A Ruptured Cyst???

Unread 09-07-2001, 07:33 AM
Would Like To Talk W/ Someone Who Has Experienced A Ruptured Cyst???

Hi!
Im hoping there is someone out there that has gone thru what I have! Actually, if there is, I truely feel for you!!!! Ive had a cyst rupture on me last week, and I am still feeling uncomfortable today! Lower back pain, lots of it, pressure and my left ovary just feels "BLA!". Im scheduled for my hyst on 10/10, and I am PETRIFIED that this will happen again w/ my FINAL PERIOD. I was wondering if anyone could share their story w/ me! If it happens again, should I go to the ER this time, and what might they do to help me????? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2001, 08:01 AM

Mary - Use search engine at the top and search by "keywords" - "ruptured cyst". That will give you some posts to read while waiting and will connect you with other women that have gone through that..then you can PM them for more specific info.
Unread 09-07-2001, 08:03 AM
question

are you sure it ruptured??? sounds like you did not go to the DR. if it were me and i thought i "ruptured " an cyst i would go get checked out, what about infection??? hmmm not sure on this one??? maybe someone with more experience witht his can help you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-07-2001, 08:33 AM

Yes I did go to my doctor the next day, and although I was certain he would do an ultra sound, he did an internal! He told me the cyst had ruptured!!!! We then scheduled my surgery. My husband came w/ me!!!
Unread 09-07-2001, 09:24 AM
Ruptured Cyst

Hi Mary, Yes, I had a cyst rupture a few years ago, and it was the Most Painful thing I have ever experienced. When it happened I did not know what was wrong with me. I was standing in the kitchen cooking dinner, and the next thing I know, I was on the kitchen floor in the Fetal Position SCREAMING and CRYING. My Dh got on the phone and called my Gyn, and He told him to get me to the ER, and he would meet us there. To make a long story short, when we got there, He was there waiting on us, and he did a Transvaginal Ultrasound, and saw that the cyst had ruptured, and the Poision was spreading through me, and he had to perform Emergency Surgery to take it out, and Unfortunately, he had to do it Abdominally!! It was the worst thing I have ever been through, besides my recovery from my TAH, at least I was prepared for that. I hope that you start to feel better soon, Take care!!!
Unread 09-07-2001, 09:40 AM

Mary,

I had a cyst rupture in February. At least when they did the ultrasound they said that is what happened because there was fluid in the abdominal cavity. I had gone to the ER with severe vomiting and diarrhea. After several hours the ER doc finally did a pelvic exam and I had extreme pain at my right ovary. He ordered the ultrasound for the next am because I needed to have a full bladder.

That was in February. I had my tubes tied after that and my gyn said my ovary looked fine. However I have pain every day in my right ovary. SOmetimes it hurts to walk on my right leg. My gyn will look at it agian when I have my hyst in 11 days (who's counting ) Just yesterday I was shoe shopping with my daughter and out of the blue I had intense pain in my right ovary that took my breath away.

I do feel for you and understand the pain. Will you have your ovaries removed when you have your hyst done?

Kim
Unread 09-07-2001, 10:19 AM

I had one or two cysts rupture a few months ago....at first my dr's were telling me that it was just monthly pain...(I don't get periods...just the uterine lining building up) so they gave me pain pills. Finally had an ultrasound and they said that the pain was because a cyst had ruptured. They knew because of the free fluid in the abdomen.

They didn't seem to concerned. I believe it depends on the the size of the cyst(s) as to how toxic it can be to your body. My was controlled by the pain pills, though they have scheduled the hysterectomy.

I would ask your dr what would constitute going to the ER.

Patricia
Unread 09-07-2001, 11:54 AM
RUPTURED CYST

I've experienced SEVERAL ruptured cysts - in 1995 i had an 8MM cyst rupture - ouch mega pain. The last one I had was a couple of months ago - I couldn't do ANYTHING. I was laying down on the couch, totally still, and the pain still wouldn't go away. I have to say though that i'm glad the last one ruptured because it made my doctor take notice and i'm going for my TAH September 11 (whew - only 4 more days). I'm hoping that having the surgery will do something to alleviate my pain, but i'm not really going to hold my breath on that one - may still have one ovary left if there is one in good condition - i feel for you. After my last one ruptured i went to the hospital and had a vaginal ultrasound, that's when they told me that it had ruptured. I hope your surgery goes well - good luck!
Unread 09-07-2001, 11:39 PM
definately can relate

I have had three cysts rupture in the past two years. The first two times I ended up in the hospital. Unbearable pain I cannot describe along with vomiting. Finallyl, the third time I knew what it was and just dealt with the pain until it was over (three days later).

I currently have another cyst, but this one is "abnormal." But, on the bright side, the drs decided to do something about it this time. That is one of four reasons I am having the hyst.
Unread 09-10-2001, 02:16 PM

Two years ago I had a cyst to rupture!!Extreme pain!! I could not stand upright for the firest three days...even then was sent home by the doctor I saw.He said it was irritible bowel syndrome! Third day to the er room. Cat scan showed cyst and fluid..The fluid is full of high concentrated protein and takes several days to be absorbed by the body, is what I was told. Being postmenapausal, doctor was not too worried and told me not to. I was having irregular bleeding which he said was Normal as I had not completley stopped periods for a year or more...Then it is irregular bleeding.. this was in 1999. I am now being evaluated for uterine cancer... I will get the test results this week providing the doctor was able to get enough tissue for the test. The biopsy was VERY painful as there was nothing given for pain so I had to have him stop. If the test is negitive.. he will do a D&C and retest before he is comfortable in the results he said.
I am worried very much as there has been 2 years since symptoms first started...NOW he is taking me serious!!??**!!??

Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register